Nothing falls short of a freshly squeezed orange juice on such a hot hazy day. The weather is terribly bad these days and many people are falling sick. Drinking more vitamin C should help ! My citrus juicer can be put to good use too !
HB will be back late today. So I prepared a super quick fix dinner – Seafood Fried Rice. There’s nothing special about this, except that I read from somewhere in the internet that with the inclusion of some “fish sauce”, fried rice will taste better. Also, the chef at HB’s canteen ever told me that salt instead of light soy sauce works better in fried rice. Indeed, these two combi makes more fragrant fried rice than those that I have cooked last time.
I used the chocolate left over from the fondue to make this. It’s a simple recipe with no mixer needed. Walnuts are optional for a crunchier taste. Serve it warm with a dollop of ice-cream and it’s simply heavenly ! Happened to have some leftover grapes so decided to top it with these fruits. Surprisingly, the combination turns out to be great too ! Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking at http://www.joyofbaking.com (Makes 16 brownies) Ingredients : ************* 140g semi-sweet/bitter-sweet chocolated, chopped 113g unsalted butter, cut into pieces 2 tbsp cocoa powder 200g sugar 1 tsp […]
Had a really yummy-licious spread of roast meats and noodles from @hengheng.roasted.delights today ! The noodles were excellent in texture and taste despite it being a food delivery as we all know that noodles tend to get overly dry or soggy after takeaway but surprisingly not in this case. 👍
Amongst all the roast meats, my personal preference will be the Char Siew though. Contains a good amount of fats and is roasted to a well balance of char-ness.
That's also the homely Chicken Feet, Peanuts and Radish Soup to balance up the greasiness. And all in all, a pretty well-deserving hearty meal sourced from our local heartlands ! #supportlocal
Heng Heng Roasted Delights can be found at : 📍204 Serangoon Central S550204 ⏰ Tues-Sun 1030am – 0830pm 📱Pre-order/delivery : 91065599
Actually I thought it could be good to go vegan or vegetarian once in a while, so these wholesome guilt-free plant-based bites that can be readily consumed through convenient and healthy air-frying from @firstpridesg by @countryfoodssg are pretty much welcomed.
The first range of these Green Series that is launched comprises of : 🌱First Pride Bites 🌱First Pride Spicy Nuggets 🌱First Pride Stripes
They are made from a blend of wheat, soy and bamboo fibre using #firstpridesg innovative 3-step coating technology through battering, pre-dusting and breading to ensure crunchiness in every bite.
Currently retailing at all Fairprice outlets and Redmart online. So do keep a lookout for them if you're into a vegan and healthy plant based diet. 🙆♀️
Cooked yummy Pumpkin and Corn Porridge with Fish Paste and Century egg. It's a delicious and healthy meal which can also be easily converted to a kids-friendly dish according to your preferences. 🤤
Recipe : 1/4 cup cooked rice 100g fish paste 1 slice pumpkin, cut into small chunks 1 century egg, diced 1 thumb size ginger, grated finely with ginger juice retained 3/4 tsp salt Few pinches pepper 2 tsp shallot oil Water 70g sweet corn Some diced scallions Some fried shallots
Method: 1) Add rice, pumpkin and water to pot and cook till pumpkin is all mashed up.
2) Add grated ginger, shallot oil, salt and pepper to taste.
3) Add sweet corn, fish paste and more water to cook till porridge's desired consistency.
4) When almost done, add century egg and off heat. Top with diced scallions and shallots before serving and enjoy !
Was craving for some Western today, so decide to try out the new menu from 2-year old @elcarbonsg , an authentic Charcoal Grill House which already having 5 outlets to date.
Helmed under the same parent company as Common Grill, Saveur Thai and Food Loft, the new menu from El Carbon Grill House boosts of a greater variety of choices yet maintaing a reasonable pricing throughout.
Our spread for the day includes : 🍽 Grilled Chicken Parmasen with Spaghetti Aglio Olio & Mesclun Salad $9.50 🍽 Beef Forager Burger with Charcoal Bun, Beef Patty, Sauteed Mushrooms, Caramelised Onion, Cheddar Cheese, Fries and Salad $13.90 🍽 Mixed Grill Platter with Signature Roasted Half Chicken, Grilled Lamb Chop, Grilled Tiger Prawn, Grilled Sambal Seabass, Onion Rings, Corn Cobs, Mesclun Salad with Trio of Black Pepper, Kicap Manis Sauces and Creamy Chicken Gravy $34.90 🍽 Spicy Seafood Arrabiata Spaghetti $8.50 🍽 Grilled Sambal Seabass served on Banana Leaf $11.00 🍽 Grilled Prawn Ricebowl with Buttered Corn Kernels and Salad $8.00
The serving portions are pretty generous and prices listed are all Nett without plus plus.
#ElCarbon can be found at : 📍El Carbon @ AMK 721 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 #01-2823 S560721 📍El Carbon @ Yishun 717 Yishun Street 71 #01-355 S760717 📍El Carbon @ Clementi 431 Clementi Ave 3 #01-296 S120431 📍El Carbon @ Grab Kitchen 110 Geylang Lorong 23 Victory Centre #02-07/08 S388410 (Takeaway/Delivery only) 📍El Carbon @ Changi Airport Changi Airport T2 Level 3M *new*
Wholesome Chinese Stirfry Noodles with Mushrooms, Cabbage & Carrots. No meat there is but the whole brunch of vegetables and mushrooms along with the well seasoned texture noodles add an awesome flavour to the dish. 🤤
Recipe : 3 servings of hong kong noodles 4 tbsp cooking oil 6-7 chinese dried mushrooms, rinsed and soaked in water overnight and retain mushroom water Some cabbage Some shredded carrots Some beansprouts 3 sprigs spring onions 1 tbsp minced ginger 2 tsp minced garlic
Seasoning : 200ml mushroom water 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce 1 tbsp light soya sauce 1 tbsp dark soya sauce 3/4 tbsp sesame oil Few pinches of pepper
Method : 1) Cook noodles in boiling water. Once noodles loosen up, drain and soak in ice cold water to stop the cooking.
2) Heat up 2 tbsp cooking oil and stirfry cabbage until softened (pre-cooking it will allow moisture to be released first so that it won't oversoak the noodles later on). Drain and set aside.
3) Heat up balance cooking oil and saute ginger, garlic and white parts of spring onions till fragrant.
4) Add in mushrooms and carrots and stirfry briefly.
5) Add in noodles and seasoning. Stirfry the noodles on high heat and keep stirring to ensure the seasoning sauce is well absorbed by the noodles.
6) When almost dry, add in beansprouts, cabbage and green parts of spring onion. Stirfry briefly to mix well. Off flame and serve hot immediately to enjoy !
Cooked yummy Egg Tofu with Spinach & Shrimps in Pumpkin Sauce ! Literally all that you can find in this one plate meal. 🤤
Recipe : 1 egg tofu, sliced into 8 equal pieces 1 pack spinach, cut into sections and discard the stems 5 shrimps 1 pack brown beech mushrooms 120g pumpkin, cut into small pieces 230ml water 1 tsp minced garlic 1 tsp minced ginger 3/4 tsp salt 1/2 tsp sugar Pinch of pepper Some cooking oil
2 tsp corn flour + 1 tbsp water
Method : 1) Heat up some cooking oil and fry tofu until golden brown. Set aside on paper towels to remove excess oils.
2) Steam pumpkin until soft. Mash it finely using a fork.
3) Heat up some water and blanch the shrimps till cooked. Remove and set aside. Using the same water, blanch spinach till they soften. Drain and squeeze out excess water from spinach and set aside.
4) Add 1 tbsp cooking and saute garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add mushrooms and stirfry till they are softened.
5) Add mashed pumpkin, water and rest of the seasoning. Stir to mix well and cook till it boils.
6) Add spinach and tofu. Allow it to boil again before adding sauce thickening.
7) Once pumpkin sauce starts to thicken, add shrimps and off flame. Serve hot immediately to enjoy !
Cooked 辣子鸡丁 Diced Chicken with Spicy Chilies ! No wonder people enjoy it as a 下酒菜. Though I had it served with rice, it was still very good. Simple as it may seem but the marinated chicken along with the gingers, garlics, dried chilies and 花椒 all give the dish a very flavourful aroma.
Recipe Ingredients : 2 tbsp cooking oil 12 pcs dried chillies, soaked in water to soften, cut into sections 1 tsp Szechuan pepper 花椒 2 small bulbs of garlic, sliced 5-6 thin slices of ginger 2-3 tbsp water 1 tbsp cooking wine Some sesame seeds
Made some thin and crusty Kaya Butter Toasts for breakfast earlier !
Recipe : 4 slices traditional Hainanese Toast bread, cut into halves 4 thin slices of butter Some Kaya jam
Method : Toast the bread thinly with a press griller till both sides are browned. Spread butter on one side of the bread and lay a slice of butter before sandwiching with another bread slice to enjoy !
Braised Chicken Drumlets with Sliced Potatoes. Wanted to try out my new slicer from @solis_singapore … The potatoes were effortlessly sliced up in a matter of seconds. Didn't even have to cut the potatoes into a smaller size as the machine allows to fit a full size easily, saving up alot of my manual hand labour now. 😅😅 Happy TGIF !
Recipe : 8 pcs chicken drumlets, poke holes all over chicken 2 potatoes, sliced and pat dry 1 tsp minced garlic Some cooking oil Water (approx 300-400ml)
Seasoning : 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce 1.5 tbsp light soya sauce 2 tsp dark soya 2 tsp ABC sweet sauce Pinch of pepper 1 tbsp rock sugar
Method : 1) Heat up come cooking oil and fry the sliced potato till the edges are slightly browned. Drain and spread them out on paper towels to soak up excess oil.
2) Reserve 1 tbsp of cooking oil in pot and saute garlic till fragrant. Add in chicken and stirfry briefly till lightly browned.
3) Add water and the rest of the seasoning.
4) Allow the sauce to come to a boil before lowering the heat to minimum. Cover the pot and allow to simmer for further 15mins.
5) Add the sliced potatoes from Step 1 into the sauce and off the heat. Cover and allow the potatoes to sit in for 15mins with the residual heat in the pot.
6) On the heat again to allow the sauce to boil once more before removing from flame immediately. Do not overcook as the potatoes will turn all mashy. Garnish as desired and serve hot immediately.