When I ran out of ideas on what to cook, I will serve up my favourite stir fry vermicelli. I added some homemade chili and glass noodles to the usual vermicelli to give it a little twist today. And for this particular recipe, no oyster sauce has been used and the main seasoning came from the fish sauce and light soya which explains for the whiter colors of the vermicelli as compared to the usual darker ones.
The spice was pretty moderate and I added a good amount of vegetables to this recipe which make it more appetizing and delicious.
Stir-fry Spicy & Fragrant Vermicelli with Glass Noodles 香辣冬粉炒米粉Course: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
100g vermicelli/bee hoon, soaked
100g glass noodles/tang hoon, soaked
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 small carrots, shredded
4 shallots, sliced
10 pcs straw mushrooms
10 pcs shrimps
1/2 cabbage, sliced
50g chives, cut into sections
1 red chili, sliced
1-2 tbsp chili paste
- For the Chili Paste :
2 tsp minced garlic
1 red chili
1 chili padi
1 tbsp dried shrimps, soaked
1 tbsp cooking oil
- Seasoning :
2 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp chicken powder/salt to taste
Pinch of pepper
- Heat up 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil and make a thin egg omelette. Roll the omelette and slice it thinly.
- Heat up balance cooking oil in pan and stir fry garlics, shallots, chili and chili paste together till fragrant and shallots start to turn soft.
- Add in cabbage and stir fry till they turn soft. Add in shredded carrots and stir fry to mix well.
- Add vermicelli, glass noodles and all the seasoning and mix well. Stir fry the noodles from bottom to top constantly to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Add in beansprouts and mushrooms and mix well. Lastly add in shrimps and chives.
- Once all cooked, off heat and top with egg omelette strips. Serve hot immediately to enjoy !