My typical kind of meal when I feel lazy and just needed something brainless. LOL. And whilst I thought the turnaround time for this will be quick, which is still the case but it wasn’t as fast as I had expected it to be because the “perfectionist” me decide to cook each and individual item of the noodles separately so that I can plate it better, I ended up taking a good 30 minutes for a 3-minute instant noodles. Hahaha ! Not to mention I had more plates to wash as well because the individual ingredients have to be placed separately too.
But I do love the combination of the dark soya sauce and sesame oil being tossed in the noodles which together with the sweetness from the vegetables and sodium-packed luncheon, it’s something that you won’t mind having again and again, just liked an instant noodles but a whole lot healthier since the noodles’ seasoning pack is not used.
Stir fry Instant Noodles with Cabbage and LuncheonCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 serving instant noodles / egg noodles
1 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 small carrot, julienned
A handful of cabbage
2 thick slices luncheon, cubed
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp light soya sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chicken powder
Pinch of pepper
2 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
Some diced scallions
- Cook noodles in boiling water and drain. Toss in dark soya sauce and sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil and stir fry luncheon cubes till the edges turn browned. Drain and set aside on paper towels to remove excess oils.
- With the balance cooking oil in pan, make scrambled eggs. Set aside the eggs.
- Add in balance cooking oil and stir fry garlic briefly before cooking cabbage and julienned carrots until softened. Add in some water if necessary.
- Add in the noodles from Step 1 and rest of the seasoning. Stir fry on medium-high heat to incorporate everything.
- Add in the scrambled eggs, luncheon cubes and sprinkle diced scallions over. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately to enjoy !