Ways to use up some of the shrimps and scallops from CNY is to utilize them all in a quick and easy noodles stir-fry ! This is definitely one of my noodles to go of which I can had two, three or even more helpings of it within a day and still will not get tired of it.
The Yee Fu Noodles used in this recipe which boosts a soft slurpy texture is savoury and flavorful which I generally preferred over the traditional yellow noodles. It is also commonly used in clay pot noodles and fish soups dishes. The reason why we called it longevity noodles is because Chinese tend to cook or order this dish often during the festive or celebration periods as the long strands of noodles symbolizes longevity.
This can also be made into a vegetarian option with the elimination of seafood and use of vegetarian mushroom sauce instead of oyster sauce.
Seafood Longevity Noodles 海鲜长寿面Course: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
2 servings of Yee Fu Noodles
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
4 bunches of spring onions, cut into sections
A handful of beansprouts
Some shredded carrots
4 dried shiitake mushrooms, soak in water till softened and sliced, retain mushroom water
- Seasoning :
2 tbsp mushroom oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
100ml noodles water
2 tbsp mushroom water
- Heat up a pot of water and blanched the Yee Fu noodles till done. Drain the noodles and set aside the noodles water.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil and grill scallops till lightly browned. Add in shrimps and grill till done. Remove all and set aside.
- Add in balance 2 tbsp cooking oil and stir fry minced garlic, ginger and white parts of spring onion till aromatic. Add in sliced mushrooms and noodles. Stir fry briefly and mix well.
- Add in the noodles water, seasoning and mushroom water. Stir fry to ensure noodles are evenly browned. Cover the wok and allow the noodles to simmer in the sauce till almost dry.
- Add in beansprouts, green parts of spring onions and shredded carrots. Continue to stir fry till all are incorporated.
- Top with the seafood from Step 2 and off heat. Serve hot with chilies to enjoy !