These patties taste really awesome ! The salmon flakes, potatoes chunks along with diced carrots, onions and sweet corns combination turn out to be surprisingly good. I actually managed to finish a few of these Salmon and Potatoes Patties in one go.
Only a few simple ingredients are required and the whole process is pretty much a breeze ! Just mix everything together, mold them into patties and fried them completely.
The most cautious part of the cooking will probably be the frying part as there’s a tendency for the patties to break apart when frying. To overcome this, make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the patties into it and frying them in small batches to ensure the hot temperature does not dip. And once the patties are placed into the hot oil, do not attempt to flip them till they are browned at the edges. With some caution in so doing, these Salmon and Potato Patties will turn out great.
Salmon and Potatoes Patties 三文鱼马铃薯饼Course: MainCuisine: WesternDifficulty: Medium
400g salmon, de-skinned
2 tbsp sweet corns
2 tbsp diced carrots
1 small onion, diced
Juice of 1 small lime
2 tsp shredded parsley
Some cooking oil
- Seasoning :
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
- Heat up pot of water and cook potatoes till they turn soft by using a skewer to check if it can go through easily.
- Coarsely diced and mashed up the potatoes with 2 tbsp of the water used to cook the potatoes.
- Use hand and squeeze the salmon till they turn meshy. Add the lime juice and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onions and parsley. Mix them together with hand till they turn really sticky.
- Add the seasoning and mix well. Moist the hands and roll them into 80g rounds before flattening them into patties using the palm.
- Heat up some cooking oil till hot and fried the patties till they turn golden brown.
- When placing the patties into the hot oil, DO NOT move them immediately to prevent them from breaking up.