I always thought that cooking cream is usually the way to whip up a good pasta but somehow after trying out this recipe, I am convinced that sour cream can also be a good alternative to achieve a tasty and flavourful pasta.
And if given a choice for pasta, I will always choose the one that comes with bacon as it releases a good aroma to the oil and enhance the pasta taste greatly. The crunchy bacon bits after frying is what I so-love about eating pasta with it as well. Other than bacon, I love a good blend of mushroom and spinach as they tend to bring out the colours and nutrients of the dish naturally.
It’s not easy to score a good pasta recipe and here’s one to begin with !
Mushroom & Spinach Sour Cream PastaCourse: MainCuisine: WesternDifficulty: Easy
180g Fusilli Pasta
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
5 slices bacon, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
6 Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
125g sour cream
Some freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp shredded parsley
A handful of spinach
Some parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat up 1.3L of water in pot and add 2 tsp of salt. Cook pasta for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside 100ml of the pasta water.
- Heat up olive oil and sauté bacon till aromatic. Add in diced onions and stir-fry briefly.
- Add in mushrooms and pasta water once it gets too dry and mix well.
- Add in pasta followed by sour cream. Stir to incorporate the sour cream into the pasta.
- Season with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, mixed herbs and shredded parsley. Stir to mix well.
- Lastly add in the spinach and stir till the spinach leaves have withered. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately to enjoy ! Top with some parmesan cheese if desired.