Bought a sack of potatoes recently and decide to cook up this creamy potato soup which is very satisfying. It’s a twist from the usual mushroom soup I had and it’s delicious ! Had it served with some freshly toasted croutons and it made up a complete and filling meal already.
The texture of this soup is rich and wholesome and I added evaporated milk at the end to make it even more creamy and tantalizing. This recipe calls for the use of leek as well which is just in time since I have some leftover for it from the CNY. The soup flavors come from a blend of some common and ordinary vegetables such as onions, carrots, leek and potatoes but taste pretty extraordinary after blending them all together. Hope you will enjoy this soup as much as I do too.
Do check out here for homemade croutons recipe too !
Creamy Potato Soup with CroutonsCourse: Main, StarterCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
3 potatoes, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, sliced
1/2 white onion, diced
1 stalk leek, diagonally sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
250ml chicken stock
2 tbsp evaporated milk
Freshly grind salt and pepper to taste
Some shredded parsley (for garnish)
- Add butter into pot and stir fry the garlic, onions and leek till softened. Add the carrots and sliced potatoes and mix well.
- Add chicken stock, cover pot and cook till the potatoes are softened.
- Add the potato soup to a blender and blend till the mixture is smooth and thick. Then transfer the soup mixture back to the pot.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper. Stir consistently to mix well.
- Once the soup starts to boil again, add in evaporated milk and off heat. Stir in the milk and remove from heat. Garnish with some shredded parsley and serve hot with croutons to enjoy !