I was challenged to create a new recipe using Nestum cereal that is totally different from our usual cereal prawns or cereal chicken and it has to be easy to prepare and taste delicious. So I got this inspiration and came up with this Golden Cereal Balls with Red Bean Filling that actually resembles our Peanut Mochi balls and instead of coating them with crushed peanuts, cereals are used and Japanese red bean paste as the filling.
It is pretty simple to prepare since I am using an instant red bean paste as the filling and the texture is a chewy and soft mochi-alike cereal balls that come off with a little crunch after the cereals are being fried. You can also save up the extra and reheat them slightly in the oven the following day to consume which I actually thought it taste better.
Golden Cereal Balls with Red Bean FillingCourse: SnacksCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
Makes approximate 12-14 pcs.
200g glutinuous rice flour
1 tsp wheat starch
150-160ml boiling water
3 tbsp cooking oil + more for frying
160g red bean paste
Some Nestum Cereal
- Combine glutinuous rice flour, wheat starch, sugar and cooking oil together. Add water and mix well to form a dough.
- Knead the dough briefly till it becomes smooth and shining then divide them equally into 35g each and shape into balls.
- Flatten and wrap each piece with 15g of red bean filling. Seal and roll into rounds.
- Dip each ball into water before coating with the Nestum All Family Cereal.
- Heat up some cooking oil and fry them till golden brown.