Another easy one-plate meal ! Ideal for weekday nights dinner now because it’s back to the office regime once more. Everywhere is just crowded to begin with and still trying very much to get used to the alarm every morning now. At the end of the day after the commute journey, I just felt liked knocking out ! LOL. So my “more effort” cooking has been very much confined to weekends nowadays only.
For weekdays, such one-plate meal of everything is excellent when I just need to put everything together and enjoy a satisfying meal without too much hassle and cleaning up. Instead of packing in or food delivery, such home-cooked meals are definitely healthier and will also help to save money.
This dish is simple and yet taste really delicious. The assortment of mushrooms, vegetables and shrimps along with the sauce blend in perfectly together and mixing them into rice just packs a good satisfying meal that you probably just wished you had prepared more !
Assorted Mushrooms & Shrimps Stewed Rice 杂菇虾仁烩饭Course: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp oil
10 slices ginger
3 king oyster mushroom, sliced
3 shitake mushroom, sliced
1 pack buna meiji mushroom
6 pcs shrimps
Few slices carrots
Some Holland peas
Seasoning (combine all together):
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya
1/4 dark soya sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp huatiao wine
- Sauce thickening :
1 tsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
- Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil and panfry the shrimps till done. Dish and set aside.
- Heat up balance cooking and saute garlic and ginger till fragrant.
- Add in sliced carrots and shitake mushrooms. Stir fry briefly before adding the rest of the mushrooms.
- Add in seasoning and stock/water. Mix well and cook till it boils.
- Add in Holland peas, mix well and allow it to simmer for a further 3-4 mins on high heat.
- Add in sauce thickening. Once the sauce starts to thicken, add in shrimps from Step 1. Off heat and serve hot immediately with rice to enjoy !