Easy, wholesome and fast is this Tomato and Egg Noodles Soup. To make it entirely vegetarian, I included some plant-based meat strips instead of the usual poultry. This dish can be served up within 30 mins so it makes a good and healthy quick meal. Most of the ingredients are pretty common as well which can be easily found in everyone’s pantry kitchen. You can use any kind of noodles you desire but for this, I used the dry La Mian Noodles from Prima.
The soup comes on a hinge of savouriness and sourish-ness from the tomatoes. You can adjust the seasoning to cater to your preferences as well. Whilst I find the commercially-sold tomato soup base can be a bit too strong for my liking, this homecooked one can cater to my tastebuds better.
In fact, this recipe was unintentional as I only had wanted to clear out the abundance of tomatoes sitting around and not wanting to waste them, I prepped up the tomatoes soup and turn out to be surprisingly appetising.
Tomato and Egg Noodles SoupCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
250ml chicken soup
1 serving of noodles
5 tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp light soya sauce
3/4 tsp salt
Pinch pf pepper
1 tbsp tomato sauce
Some diced spring onion (garnish)
Optional : I added some plant based meat strips.
- Cook noodles as required, drain and set aside.
- Heat up 2 tbsp cooking oil and scramble eggs till they are no longer liquid. Combine the noodles and egg together and set aside.
- Cook tomatoes in boiling water till they float onto surface of water. Remove and allow to cool before peeling off tomato skin.
- Heat up balance cooking oil in pot and saute garlics till fragrant. Add in de-skinned tomatoes and mix well.
- Add in water and chicken stock.
- Add in rest of the seasoning except tomato sauce. Cover and allow to boil.
- Cook till most of the tomatoes has dis-integrated and add in tomato sauce. Taste and adjust as desired.
- When done, pour tomato soup over the noodles and egg and serve with desired toppings and some diced spring onion.