I preferred my Mee Goreng slightly moist which is how this one turns out to be liked. No colouring MSG was added, so it’s probably as wholesome as it can. Nevertheless the taste was still awesome and for this, I would recommend using Maggi brand of tomato and chilli sauce as they bring out the essence of the Mee Goreng noodles much better.
Chicken can simply be replaced by seafood or even eliminated. The yellow noodles I had was chilled and hence the extra step to blanch them in boiling water to loosen them. But if you are having noodles that are freshly purchased, this step can be skipped and noodles can be used without blanching. This recipe is straightforward and easy and requires minimal preparation effort.
Chicken Mee GorengCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
250g yellow noodles
1 tube of tofu, cut into cubes
150g diced chicken, marinate with a little salt and pepper
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 egg, beaten
Some green vegetables
Some cooking oil
- Seasoning :
2 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp kecap manis (ABC sweet sauce)
Pinch of pepper
2 tbsp water
- Optional : Blanch chilled yellow noodles briefly in boiling water to loosen them and drain. Not required if using freshly bought noodles.
- Heat up some cooking oil and panfry the tofu cubes till golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil to wok and saute minced garlic briefly. Stir fry chicken till they are lightly browned. Dish up chicken and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of the cooking oil and add sliced onions and white stems of the green vegetables first (as they take longer to be cooked). Add a little water to cook the onions till softened.
- Add yellow noodles followed by the rest of the seasoning. Stir fry briefly to mix well.
- Create a well in the middle of the noodles and add in the beaten egg. Scramble the egg to mix with the noodles.
- Add in the green parts of the vegetables, fried tofu and chicken cubes. Stir fry quickly on medium-high heat till the green vegetables has withered before removing from heat. Serve hot immediately and enjoy !