It’s a no wonder that many people love this as a side dish that goes with beer or alcohol. For me, I had it served with rice but it was still very good nevertheless. Simple as it may seem but the marinated chicken along with the gingers, garlics, dried chilies and Szechuan peppercorns all give the dish a very flavorful aroma.
It doesn’t take long to whip up this dish as well and a bit regretful that I prepped too little in this instant as it was gone in an instant after serving up and below recipe is meant for 1 to 2 pax so you be sure to double or triple the serving as I’m pretty sure it will be a real popular dish.
Happy munching !
Diced Chicken with Spicy Chilies 辣子鸡丁Course: SidesCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
150g diced boneless chicken leg, de-skinned
12 pcs dried chilies, soaked in water to soften, cut into sections
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
2 small bulbs of garlic, sliced
5-6 thin slices of ginger
2-3 tbsp water
1 tbsp cooking wine
Some sesame seeds
- For the Chicken Marinade (marinate for an hour) :
1 3/4 tsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp ginger juice
1/2 tsp sugar
Pinch of pepper
4 tsp corn flour
- Marinate chicken, cover and set aside in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil and panfry marinated chicken till cooked and remove from flame (helps to release excess oils from chicken).
- Add to air-fryer to grill for further 5 mins at 160 degrees C or till browned. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up balance cooking oil and saute ginger and garlic slices.
- Add Szechuan pepper and dried chilies and stir-fry to bring out the aroma.
- Add water if it starts to get too dry. Add chicken pieces and stir-fry to mix well.
- Add cooking wine and stir-fry till chicken are dry. Off heat and sprinkle sesame seeds all over. Mix well and serve hot immediately to enjoy.