Steamed stuffed bean curd with a little twist by the addition of a little toasted salted fish ! Bean curd dishes are generally easy to whip up and more especially so if you just need to steam them and top it with some savoury sauce. But with a little more effort like this dish, we get to try out something new as well so why not ?
Loved that the filling is really delicious and along with the sauce, it makes the tofu very appetizing. The salted fish can be a bonus for those who favours it but otherwise can always be eliminated as it might not be easy to find them nowadays as well. Goes along awesomely with some plain porridge or rice and for the light eaters, this should make a satisfying and hearty meal all together.
Steamed Stuffed Bean CurdCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
70g minced meat
4 prawns, diced
2 block tofu, cut into 8 sections each
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp sesame oil
1 egg white
1 small pc of toasted salted fish meat, chopped
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp water
- For Garnish:
Some diced scallions
- Combine the minced meat, prawns and salted fish together.
- Add to a blender and blend till fine.
- Add corn flour, sesame oil, pepper and egg white.
- Mix all together and throw the mixture several times into mixing bowl till they are sticky.
- Cut a hole in the middle of each piece of beancurd. Moist the hands and stuff some minced meat mixture into each beancurd. Place onto steaming plate.
- Combine oyster and light soya sauce with water. Pour the seasoning over the beancurd.
- Use heat proof cling wrap and wrap over steaming plate. Poke holes all over the wrap and steam on medium-high heat for 10 minutes. Once done, garnish with some diced scallions or as desired and serve hot immediately.