Can’t imagine it’s already the first month end of 2021 already ! Time certainly flies liked nobody’s business in a pandemic. And I still have some backlog of recipes yet to be posted here. Let me start off the year with a rich and creamy stew liked such before we head for more Chinese homecooked dishes later on. I had on hand a pack of cooking cream earlier which was intended for other purpose but the plan was changed last minute (as usual) so decide to utilize it in this dish for something different.
This dish packs a good amount of creaminess loaded with much salmon cubes and assorted vegetables and is really simple to whip up. Loved the bustling richness of the stew along with all the healthy ingredients that was included. It goes on marvelously with rice and before probably well before you knew it, the dish would have be polished off the plate in no time.
So here’s to sharing this fuss-free recipe that requires minimal efforts and yet still taste delicious awesome !
Salmon and Vegetables Cream StewCourse: MainCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
1 pc salmon, aprox 200-250g cut into cubes and marinate with a little sea salt and pepper
200ml cooking cream
250ml chicken stock
Some broccoli, cauliflowers and carrots (blanched in boiling water before cooking)
2 shitake mushrooms, sliced
Salt and freshly grind pepper to taste
Some shredded parsley
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
A little oil
- For Sauce Thickening :
1-2 tbsp flour mixed with 2-3 tbsp blanched vegetables water (depends on how thick you want the cream sauce to be) and stir well to ensure no flour lumps
- Heat up some oil and grill salmon cubes until almost done. Set aside.
- In same pan, add in butter and saute onions and garlic till fragrant.
- Add in chicken stock followed by shitake mushrooms.
- When the sauce starts to boil, reduce heat and add cooking cream.
- When the cream sauce starts to cook again, add in salmon and all the blanched vegetables.
- Add in salt, pepper and shredded parsley to taste.
- Add in flour solution and cook till desired cream sauce consistency and remove from flame. Enjoy !