A quick and delicious Tri-Eggs spinach noodles soup this is ! Consisting of century egg, salted egg and egg and cooked with lots of spinach with your desired noodles, this soup sure packs a punch and will surely makes you hungrier than usual !
Time certainly flies, isn’t it. We are already down to the last quarter of the year ! Somehow the Covid situation just makes time past so much faster than usual and even if we are still unable to travel as of now, there’s always a reason to stay put and put your culinary skills to the test and whipped up some delicious homecooked liked this ! ~~
Notwithstanding that, this is a pretty simple dish to serve up and if you were to ask me if any of the 3 eggs are my best favourites, I would say all of them ! I loved century eggs with congee, salted egg yolks with fried chicken or prawns, and certainly the daily dose of egg for everyday cooking.
And here’s to sharing this yummy-licious noodles soup for a fast cooking meal anytime !
Tri-Eggs Spinach Noodles SoupCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
150ml chicken stock
1.5 tbsp light soya sauce
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 century egg, diced
1 salted egg, diced (I used the egg yolk only)
75g minced meat
1 packet of spinach, pluck out only the leaves to cook
Some meatballs (optional)
1 serving of noodles
1/2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- For the Minced Meat Marinate (marinate for at least 30mins)
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp corn flour
Dash of pepper
- Add chicken stock and water to pot and cook till it boils.
- Add light soya sauce, salt and pepper as seasoning. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Add meatballs and minced meat.
- In another pot, cook noodles with boiling water till done before running the noodles over some cold/tap water. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the century egg and salted egg to soup.
- Add spinach and wolfberries.
- When all the spinach has wilthered, finish off with the shaoxing wine.
- Then add the soup together with rest of the ingredients to the noodles, setting aside only a little soup in the pot to cook the egg.
- Swirl the remaining soup in the pot while adding the egg, allowing the egg white to cover the yolk entirely before removing from heat.
- Top the egg onto the noodles and soup, served with some fried shallots and chillies as desired and enjoy !