Prepped this Honey Garlic Chicken last weekend and usually when I cooked such dishes, I will make it a point to cook extra servings of it to be frozen which can be easily reheated during weekdays for a quick meal. The gist of this dish lies in a good oyster sauce used which I’ve always relied on the Lee Kum Kee premium oyster sauce which has served me well thus far. And I guess you can see this often in my step by step cooking too so far.
This Honey Garlic Chicken is a pretty fuss-free dish, requiring minimal effort and yet yield a very tasty and delicious chicken meal at the end of the day. Shall cut the story short today and let the cooking steps take you through this dish that will make you salivate with hunger. :)
Honey Garlic ChickenCourse: Homely Cooking 家常小煮, Recipe – Poultry
400g chicken or 8 pcs drumlets
2 tbsp cooking oil
1.5 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
3/4 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 tbsp honey mixed with 2 tbsp water
- For the Marinade :
2.5 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
- For Garnish :
Some diced spring onions
- Optional :
1 hard-boiled egg
- Marinate the chicken, cover and set aside in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Add cooking oil to pan and sauté garlics and ginger till fragrant.
- Add in the marinated chicken and cook them on both sides till lightly brown.
- Add water to the bowl used to marinate the chicken and along with the balance marinade, add to the pan.
- Add dark soy sauce and stir to mix well. Allow the sauce to continue simmering till it boils before lowering the heat.
- Cover the pan and allow it to continue simmering for another 5-6 minutes till the sauce is reduced. Feel free to add in your preferred additional ingredients, such as hard-boiled egg.
- Add the honey water and when the sauce boils again, off flame and remove from heat.
- Garnish as desired and serve hot immediately.