A one-plate steamed dish today with egg, fish slices and luncheon meat ! You can refer to the post here for a precise reiteration on how to churn up a good steamed egg. This is after countless experiments of mine though. So hope it helps !
And to cut the story short today, this supposedly steamed dish idea evolves from one of the dishes I had at the mixed vegetables rice stall previously. It was a Chinese steamed egg with luncheon meat stuffed in between and I thought it was really good. So to facilitate the idea further, I added some fish slices to it to complete the wholesome meal further such that with this dish alone, you get to enjoy egg, fish and meat all in one !
While I also thought that the addition of fish slices will cause the egg surface to be less smoother than compared to if you just steamed the egg alone by itself since there will be water coming out from the fish during steaming which will rendered the egg surface to have a less than perfect texture, but glad that this did not happen and all was still good as you can see.
So sharing this quick one-plate steamed meal here for your next meal inspiration !
Steamed Egg with Fish SlicesCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp shaoxing wine
2 slices of luncheon meat, diced
8 slices of any white fish
Some diced scallions
3/4 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp garlic oil
- For Garnish (optional) :
Some diced spring onions
Some fried garlic
- Combine fish slices and luncheon meat on steam plate.
- Combine egg with water, salt and shaoxing wine and mix well.
- Filter the egg mixture through a sieve to remove any air bubbles or membrane.
- Cover steam plate with heat proof wrap.
- Heat up water in steam pot and steam on medium high heat for 5 mins before reducing to low for another 10 mins.
- When done, remove and drizzle light soya sauce, garlic oil and fried garlic all over before garnishing as desired.