Some people commented that this dish looked liked a confinement dish ! But no no, I am not certainly not in confinement. LOL. Nevertheless I loved this dish to bits because the shredded ginger added a really good fragrance to the dish and compiled with the fact that I am using boneless fish slices for it make the dish a breeze to enjoy. Though it may look not look gorgeous in presentation, but the aroma and taste beats it all.
And what’s more I get to clear up more freezer stash and really glad that the freezer is finally down to half empty which is quite a feat for once in a long time. I have been thinking recently that I’ve been sharing recording recipes on this blog for a goodness long time and was contemplating to share other aspects of food related or lifestyle in time to come. What do you people think ? Any suggestions on what I should incorporate next or what do you hope to hear from me ? Maybe I could do a posting on the different cookware collection that I deem useful ? Or some I share more food related reviews ? Let me know and keep your comments coming. Though I maybe slow in replying on some days as I have a full time day job to cater to, but I will try my best to keep the pace going.
Coming back to this recipe, it’s a dish that isn’t too difficult to begin with. As you can see I am trying as much as possible to incorporate yummy and fuss free cooking nowadays which most of us or anyone new in cooking can easily embark on. I guess many already had a bit too much of home cooking during the circuit breaker period, so you would probably give it a miss if it’s anything too complicated or requires much effort. So be it confinement dish or not, this one is a keeper and meant for everyone whether or not you are in confinement !
Shredded Ginger and Dark Soya Fish 姜丝酱油鱼Course: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
200-250g any white fish slices (marinate with some salt, pepper and corn flour)
3 heaping tablespoons of shredded ginger
1/2 onion, sliced
Some cooking oil
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
- Marinate the fish slices and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat up some cooking oil and pan fry fish slices until lightly golden brown.
- Drain fish slices on paper towels to remove excess oils.
- Add more oil and pan fry shredded ginger until golden brown.
- Remove ginger and set aside on paper towels.
- With 1 tbsp of ginger oil in pan, add sliced onions and add some water to cook till the onions are softened.
- Add the fish slices.
- Add the seasoning.
- Allow the sauce to cook and flip the fish slices carefully to ensure evenly coloured. Add the shredded ginger and mix well. Off flame and serve hot immediately.