With the earlier post of an Asian Pull Pork recipe, the leftover of the pulled pork was conveniently and deliciously transformed into an Asian Pulled Pork Fried Noodles the following day. The pulled pork blended very well with the noodles and it was seemingly an awesome match nevertheless.
Now besides enjoying pulled pork in sandwiches and burgers, this little twist on an Asian dish fits our taste buds very well. Using Hong Kong fried noodles for the menu and with added mushrooms and a little green vegetables to complete the meal wholesomely.
I think the use of pulled pork is really a good addition that gives the noodles the right amount of savoriness. Just liked how we used to enjoy our Chinese braised pork knuckles with fried vermicelli, this is pretty much similar too but with a different twist.
And here’s to sharing the recipe as follows.
Pulled Pork Fried NoodlesCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 serving of hong kong noodles
Some mushrooms, sliced
Some green vegetables
Some leftover pulled pork (recipe from here)
1 tbsp shallot oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
1/2 onion, sliced
- Seasoning (combine all together) :
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
Pinch of pepper
- To serve with :
- Cook noodles in boiling water and rinse it over tap/cold water. Set aside.
- Heat up oil and saute garlics, ginger and onions till fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and a little water to cook till soften.
- Add pulled pork and noodles.
- Followed by all the seasoning and mix well.
- Cover wok and allow to simmer till the seasoning is almost dried up and absorb by the noodles.
- Add in green vegetables and stir fry briefly. Once vegetables withered, remove from heat. Serve hot immediately with chilli padi and fried shallots.