These easy nice and fluffy pancakes are the bomb ! They paired up awesomely with some golden syrup and are so easy to whip up. Had this strong cravings for pancakes recently and even purposefully bought a bottle of golden syrup to go along, but the supermarket chaos recently has gotten most of the instant pancake premix off the shelves literally. So I had no choice but to proceed to make some from scratch.
But because of that too, I realized making pancakes from scratch wasn’t that difficult either. If using premix is on a scale of 1 being the easiest, I would say making them this way now is probably just a 1.5. So breakfast was made easy and enjoyable with these lovable golden brown pancakes topped with slabs of butter and dosed in sweet syrup.
Hope these awesome looking pancakes will brighten up your day too despite of all the stay-ins that everyone of us has to adhere to now. Believe all will be good in no time and our lives will be back to normality soon. In the meantime, stay safe and take care !
Easy Fluffy PancakesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This recipe makes 5 pancakes.
75g self raising flour
1 tbsp honey
1.5 tbsp milk
A little oil
- To serve with :
Slab of butter
- Combine eggs, honey and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Sift flour into batter and mix well till all flour lumps are non visible.
- Add milk.
- Whip batter till smooth flowing batter.
- Heat up a little oil in non stick pan. Remove excess oil with paper towels.
- Add batter by ladle. When many bubbles start to appear around 1.5 to 2 minutes later, flip over pancake with spatula.
- Continue cooking pancake on the other side for another 20 seconds or so before dishing up. Proceed with the rest of the batter until all are used up.
- Serve with butter and golden syrup or fruits as desired.