Tied up with Knorr Singapore recently and using their SavorRich Chicken Concentrated liquid seasoning, came up with a Chinese style Chicken and Corn Egg Drop Soup. It’s pretty easy to make, tastes awesome too and absolutely healthy because chicken breast meat and lots of other vegetables were included.
And since most of us are being held up at home recently, so nothing beats spending time in the kitchen and stirring up the home chef instincts in each of us. I guess you don’t need to be a marvellous cook to enjoy home cooked food and as long as it is something that’s made from and within yourself, it beats all other MSG packed takeaway or dine-out food in all aspects.
And this easy soup is one good example you can embarked on too ! Threw in some enoki mushrooms to enhance the soup further and it was awesome. Loved the colors of the soup and I actually had a double serving of it. Hope you will enjoy this dish too and shared it with your loved ones then ! Happy TGIF eve !
Chicken & Corn Egg Drop SoupCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
40g chicken breast meat, sliced (marinate with ¼ tsp Knorr SavorRich Chicken Concentrated Seasoning and pinch of pepper)
40g carrots, diced
40g sweet corns
1 pack enoki mushrooms
2 shallots, sliced
1 egg, beaten
150ml soup stock (if not available, use 500ml of water in all and adjust taste with more Knorr SavorRich accordingly)
1 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp Knorr SavorRich Chicken Concentrate
¼ tsp pepper
Salt (optional, to taste)
- For the Soup Thickening (mix together):
1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
- To Serve with (optional):
Some parsley (For garnish)
Dash of sesame oil and freshly grind black pepper
- Marinate chicken and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a pot and saute the shallots until fragrant.
- Add in diced carrots and corns.
- Add in chicken and stir fry briefly.
- Add in soup stock and water and cook until it boils.
- Add in Knorr SavorRich Chicken Concentrate.
- Add in pepper. Taste and adjust with pinch of salt if desired.
- Add in enoki mushrooms. Stir and mix well.
- Add in soup thickening solution. Adjust with more water or thickening solution and cook till desired consistency.
- Slowly pour in the beaten egg in circles to form egg ribbons. Remove from heat.
- Garnish and serve with sesame oil and black pepper as desired.