An easy and excellent one plate dish which you can enjoyed with some plain rice or porridge. Whilst I used barramundi fish slices for this recipe, you can enjoy it with most kinds of fish slices with that said.
It also contains mushrooms, carrots and spicy and savory turnips. And alternating the fish slices between the mushrooms and carrots helps to enhance the presentation of the dish which make it more appetizing !
This is a very homely Chinese dish which I had thoroughly enjoyed with some brown rice and which hope you will like it too.
Steamed Fish Slices with Mushrooms and Spicy TurnipsCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
200g barramundi fish slices (or any other fish slices of your choice)
3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
9-10 pcs thinly sliced carrots
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp shaoxing wine
2 tbsp salted turnips 咸菜脯 (rinse a few times to remove excess salt, then squeeze out excess water and lay on thin layer on plate and allow to air dry in the fridge)
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp spicy bean paste 辣豆瓣酱
1 tsp black salted beans 黑豆豉, lightly crushed
1 chili padi, diced
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cooking oil
Some spring onion, for garnish
- Place fish, mushroom and carrot slices in alternate sequence on steaming plate.
- Drizzle shaoxing wine and sesame oil over it.
- Heat up some water in pot till it boils. Place steaming plate into the pot and steam on high heat for 6 mins.
- In the meantime, heat up cooking oil in pan and stir fry garlic, ginger, crushed black beans and chili padi until it sizzles.
- Add in salted turnips and mix well.
- Add spicy bean paste and sugar. Mix well and off flame.
- Drizzle over steamed fish slices and garnish as desired. Serve hot immediately.