I loved mee tak bak so here’s another variation of how I have cooked it ! Been quite obsessed with cooking food in clay pot recently because I can literally use the clay pot to cook and eat from it all together. And very often than not, when I take a long sweet time to take pictures of the food, it will often result in me having cold food at the end of the photography. But when I cooked it in a clay pot which is excellent for heat retention, I can still enjoy my food piping hot thereafter !
So I start to dig out all the claypots, stone pots, corningware pots and whatever that can be cooked over the stove and eaten from it directly. This claypot mee tak bak tastes really good and I wish I had cooked more instead. But it was my last batch of silver needle noodles to be used up so that’s all I have !
So sharing this really awesome one pot dish which really makes me crave for more ! If you like mee tak bak liked myself, am sure you will enjoy this too. Sharing this recipe before I knock out for the night. Have an awesome TGIF tomorrow !
Claypot Mee Tak Bak (Silver Needle Noodles) 砂锅老鼠粉Course: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
140g mee tak bak (silver needle noodles)
55g minced meat (marinate with 1 tsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar and pinch of pepper)
1 bunch of green vegetables
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp cooking oil
- For the Seasoning :
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
Pinch of pepper
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil in claypot and cook prawns till almost done. Dish up and set aside.
- Add in minced meat and cook till almost done. Dish up and set aside.
- Add in balance cooking oil and saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add in mee tak bak.
- Add in water.
- Followed by all the rest of the seasonings.
- Cover clay pot and allow it to simmer till it boils.
- Add green vegetables and topped with minced meat.
- Followed by prawns and egg.
- Cover clay pot and allow to simmer for another 15 seconds to allow egg white to set.
- Off flame and serve hot immediately with some cut chili padi if desired.