Made some really nice barramundi and broccoli fish patties today that are stuffed with some awesome barramundi fish bellies from Kuhlbarra, diced broccoli and carrots with some mashed potato ! And well serve in a one plate dish with some salad greens and egg rolls.
And I think these fish patties are really versatile in many ways too. Stuff a couple of cheese slices, tomatoes and lettuce between some burger bread and they can be easily served up as as burger patties or they can be simply enjoyed on their own with some Thai chili sauce, mayonnaise or any of your preferred dipping sauce.
Pretty healthy and kids friendly too, I would think. And if you are thinking this might not be filling enough as a main course, then you might be wrong because it was really satisfying as a meal on its own. Mainly because the patties contain potatoes and a good amount of barramundi fish.
It doesn’t take much effort to prepare these fish patties too. So hope you will enjoy these healthy Barramundi and broccoli fish patties that are well loaded with vegetables and barramundi fish.
Barramundi & Broccoli Fish PattiesCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
This recipe makes 6 pieces of 65g patty each.
280-300g of barramundi fish bellies
20g carrots, diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp bread crumbs + more for coating
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
Some freshly grind black pepper
Some cooking oil
- Air fried or bake the barramundi fish bellies at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flake the fish using a fork.
- Blanch the broccoli in some boiling water. Diced the broccoli finely and set aside.
- Cook the whole potato in boiling water until softened, approx. 8 to 10 minutes depending on size. Mash the potato using a potato masher.
- Combine the fish, broccoli, carrots and potato together in a bowl.
- Add the egg and bread crumbs.
- Add the onion and garlic powder.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix all together by hand until it turns sticky. Dampen the hands and mould them into patties rounds, approx. 65g each.
- Coat the fish patties with more bread crumbs.
- Heat up some cooking oil and pan fry them the fish patties on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain the fish patties on paper towels and serve well with some greens as desired.