Loved this super easy and fuss free yee mee noodles soup because it’s packed with a collagen loaded home cooked soup base. Recently I started to make my own soup stock again using pork big bones, chicken feet, chicken carcass and simmering it over the gas stove for 5 hours, which is not my longest for the records though. My longest was liked 10 hours and there was when the chicken feet and carcass totally dis-integrate into the soup and turns all collagen-ally milky white.
But for this time, I actually halved the time because I started off late in the day. Nevertheless, it was still good as a soup base. All I did was some light seasoning of the soup with a touch of shallot oil and salt and pepper to taste. Added some minced meat and lots of green vegetables and further topped with a beaten egg and fried ikan bilis. As simple as it gets but as delicious as it can !
I am a big eater of noodles so I really enjoyed anything relating to noodles. And this yee mee noodles is one of my favorites. In fact, it goes on very well with fish soup too. And with a ready home cooked stock, this meal is easily beefed up in less than 20 minutes. Just slightly longer than instant noodles but much healthier and no MSG !
Easy Yee Mee Noodles SoupCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 bunch of yee mee noodles
600ml home cooked stock (if using store bought one, combine 250ml stock with 350ml water)
1 tbsp shallot oil
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
50g minced meat
Some green vegetables
Some beansprouts (optional)
- For the Minced Meat Seasoning :
1 tsp light soya sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
- To Serve With (optional) :
One beaten egg
Some fried ikan bilis
Some cut chili padi
- Marinate the minced meat with light soya sauce and pepper for at least 30 minutes and set aside.
- Cook the soup stock in pot till it boils.
- Add shallot oil.
- Add salt and and pepper to taste.
- Add the yee mee noodles.
- When the noodles almost softened, add the minced meat. Break down the minced meat into smaller pieces.
- Add the green vegetables and beansprouts.
- When the vegetables have withered, off flame. Add in beaten egg if using.
- Top with fried ikan bilis and serve with some cut chili padi.