And I made some Tacos ! Since I had a ready pack of store bought tacos shells from Mission Foods too, so I thought might just as well. The intention was to make some kids and everyone friendly tacos so the traditional mexican tacos which tend to be on a spicy sourish base might not be quite appropriate for the Asian kids’ taste buds. So I made do with some pretty effortless and probably healthier version of tacos that’s filled with baked Barramundi fish from Kuhlbarra, egg mayonnaise salad, grilled honey tomatoes, buttered corns and an abundance of oakleaf lettuce.
Basically I find that tacos are pretty similar to wraps if you were to enjoy it to your own style. Simply stuff the tortilla wraps with whatever you desired, make it flavorful to your delights and top it up with any sauces or dressings of your preference.
And since I wanted a healthier tacos there and then, I eliminate meats for this time and settle on some premium Barramundi fish from Kuhlbarra. It was lightly marinated with sea salt, freshly grind black pepper and finish off with a touch of fresh lemon juice before sending it to the oven. Flake the fish at the end of the baking session and you are all good to go.
The egg salad was made with some Japanese mayonnaise which is pretty similar to what we always have had in our sandwiches. The honey tomatoes and corns were also grilled with some unsalted butter. You could also top it up with some sauces like sweet chili or bbq sauce as desired but I didn’t had any since I gonna keep it healthy.
Probably a little replicated version of our chinese popiah. Not sure if you will like it, but I quite enjoyed the process of combining all the foods on the wrap and stuffing them into the mouth thereafter. LOL. But setting the food aside, I think it also makes a good bonding time for the parents and kids. :)
Have fun !
- 2 hard boiled eggs, mashed
- 1 tbsp japanese mayonnaise
- Pinch of shredded parsley
- 1 slice of barramundi fish
- 1 lemon wedge slice
- Pinches of sea salt and freshly grind black pepper
- Some honey tomatoes
- Some lettuce
- Some tacos shells, store bought
- 50g sweet corns
- 20g butter
- Rub sea salt, black pepper and squeeze juice of lemon onto barramundi fish.
- Wrap fish in foil and bake at 170 degrees C for 25mins or until cooked.
- Mix mashed egg with japanese mayonnaise and shredded parsley. Set aside
- Melt butter and add sweet corns. Grill corns till light golden brown.
- Remove corns and drain excess oils on paper towels if needed.
- With remaining butter in pan, grill tomatoes briefly.
- Toast tacos shells for around 3 mins.
- When fish is ready, use fork to flake the fish.
- Stuff tacos shells with lettuce, egg salad, buttered corns, grilled tomatoes and flaked barramundi fish. Serve with chilli or other sauce as desired and Enjoy !