Hoola ! Finally I get down to penning another recipe again ! This time I actually pan fried barramundi fish belly from Kuhlbarra and coat it with a lemon garlic butter sauce. Though the name is seemingly long, but it’s actually quite simple to beef up. And since the barramundi fish belly is already succulent by itself, the sauce actually complements the fish by giving the entire dish a very refreshing and tantalizing after taste.
And since this is kinda a western dish, so I thought I would cooked up some spaghetti pasta to go along with it too. And indeed, everything pairs up nicely as an appetizing meal. The barramundi fish belly is high in collagen and omega 3, hence it has a very smooth texture due to the high fats contents.
Pan frying of this fish with some olive oil is excellent as it retains the natural taste and freshness of the fish well. I love the fact that this is so straightforward in preparation and cooking that it was served up easily in 20 minutes.
So here’s the recipe which I’ve shared earlier in my Instagram feed here too.
- 100g barramundi belly
- ¾ tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Some sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp sugar
- Some shredded parsley
- Some chilli flakes
To serve with:
- Some blanched asparagus
- Pat barramundi dry and lightly w some sea salt.
- Add olive oil to barramundi and spread it all over. Set aside.
- Add butter to pan and stir fry minced garlic.
- Add lemon juice and water.
- Add sugar. When sauce starts to sizzles, off flame and set aside.
- Pan fried barrumundi on another non stick pan till cooked and lightly brown at the sides. Remove from flame.
- Pour the lemon garlic butter sauce from Step 5 onto barrumundi.
- Top w shredded parsley and chilli flakes. Serve hot.