Actually I was trying to think of a suitable name for this chickee wings, My Signature Chicken Wings, My Favourite, My Best or even some copycat name. LOL. Ok, I decide to settle for the Ultimate Wings, because they are really quite the best ones which I fancy thus far.
One thing I so fancy these wings is that they are wholly air fried, so healthy as it can be. And the marination through the use of ginger juice is actually the secret to achieving these very likeable chicken wings. Ginger juice can be easily attained through grating ginger itself and squeezing the grated ginger through a filter to collect the juice.
Another of the fact that I so fancy these wings is that non of those fried chicken flour was being used at all, hence what you are getting is really the chicken meat itself, less the flour batter. Not sure if this is another secret to frying the chicken wings, but I do realise that flipping the chicken wings halfway through the air frying time and applying them with a thin layer of oil helps to enhance the golden brown outlook of the wings and make them very delectable looking !
Previously I had tried deep frying the wings till almost cooked, and finishing them off in the air fryer for the last couple of minutes so as to retain as much of the meat juice as possible and ability to drain off the excess oil through air frying at the end and achieving that golden hue at the same time. And I have also compared the method through air frying the wings for the entire cooking process.
The difference in taste, was actually quite minimal. Even via air frying throughout, the chicken wings were not dry and best of it all, very minimal oil is being used as compared to deep frying and that makes cleaning up a breeze too. And 13 minutes is all it takes to finish off the wings in the air fryer to ensure they are not being dried out through over air frying.
So I am having these Ultimate chicken wings for nasi lemak, with fried bee hoon or any occasion where the craving kicks in. Overnight marination produces the best results and poking the wings all over with a skewer is another way to ensure the meat absorbs in the marination at its fullest.
Here’s to sharing my best chicken wings so far ! Hope they excite you as much as I do too !! Enjoy !
- 4 pcs chicken wings (3 joints type)
- ¾ tbsp light soya sauce
- 2-3 tbsp ginger juice (attain by grating ginger and squeezing grated ginger and filter through sieve to collect the juice)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Poke the chicken wings with a skewer all over. Combine the marinade ingredients with the chicken wings, rub well all over them and marinade overnight.
- Air fried for 13 minutes at 180 degrees C. Halfway through air frying time at the 6th minute mark, pause the air fryer. Apply a thin layer of oil on the wings all over and flip over to the other side.
- Continue air frying for the balance time till golden brown.
- Serve hot immediately with chilli sauce as desired !
What temperature did you use?
Thanks for pointing out ! I’ve updated the recipes. Its at 180 degrees C. :)