ut class="jpibfi" type="hidden">
Ever since several years back, when we stopped having steamboat for reunion, cooking each and every style of the favourite home cooked dish has become an almost yearly tradition since. And without fail, meatballs or ngoh hiang is a must have on the reunion table every year. I guess anything that’s deep fried will excite every kid and probably that explains for my penchant for such since I was a kid. Of course, we don’t get to enjoy the “luxury” of getting all sinful whole year round. Hence, we make sure that everyone gets to eat all that that’s loved during the reunion. So coming this reunion for CNY, has everyone started brainstorming for their dishes ?
It so happened that this year reunion falls on a weekday. Hence, those working adults might have some issues on preparing reunion dinner if they were to cook. I believe something simple and straightforward and which could cater to the entire household, including the kiddos, is a must.
So I decided to give the traditional meatballs a little twist and incorporate them into a chicken wing that has been deboned. And what you eventually get is a whole lot of meaty stuffs that’s so easy to devour and yet perfectly healthy too, because I have them air fried instead of deep frying them ! So feel free to devour as many as you can.
And most importantly, you can prepare this in advance and on the day of cooking itself, all it takes is a good 10 minutes with the air fryer and you will have all the guests “stealing the wings” way before reunion dinner officially commenced because they look and taste that irresistible. So you better ensure you prepare as much in advance coz you never know when a stock-out situation might just happen before the actual meal !!
And do ditch the long queues at the supermarkets by getting your fresh groceries from PurelyFresh online today and have them delivered right to your doorstep !
Air Fried Stuffed Chicken Wings 肉碎鸡翅
Recipe type: Chinese
- 6-8 chicken wings
- 150g minced meat
- For the Minced Marinade :
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp corn flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- dash of pepper
- For the Chicken Wings Marinade:
- 2 tbsp ginger juice
- ½ tsp light soya sauce
- dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp honey, mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Clean the chicken wings well and deboned the mid-joints portion. You can use a scissors and cut through the joints before removing the bones slowly.
- Combine the minced meat together with the minced marinade. Using your hands, throw the minced meat several times into the bowl to give it a bouncier texture.
- Combine the chicken wings with the chicken wings marinade together with ⅔ of the honey mixture. Set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Stuff the minced into the chicken wings and compact it as much as possible so that the maximum amount of minced can be contained. Set aside it the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Brush the remaining honey mixture all over the chicken wings and place them on the wire basket of the air fryer. Air fried them at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot immediately.