Sorry for the long wait as a few people has been asking for the recipe for this. In fact, this is one of the dishes that my family will have on the reunion table every year. A simple braised fish that’s made fragrant with spring onion and dark soya sauce. Plain as it may seem, but it tastes delicious because it’s a dish that’s being brought down many years throughout every reunion.
And we are down to the last week before CNY. Has everyone started to list down your CNY reunion menu ? It will be a super long weekend for everyone this year with eve falling on Friday going through all the way till Monday. Although CNY is less of a significance for me in recent years, but still it’s a new year after all. So I also hope that everything can begin on a good note in the new year.
With supermarkets being brought down by long paying queues and crowds, so what’s better than not to order your fresh groceries online from PurelyFresh and have them deliver right to your doorstep conveniently ?
Happy Lunar New Year in advance to all ! And hope I do have time to churn out another recipe and posting before CNY too. Enjoy !!
- 1 pomfret
- 5 stalks spring onion + more for garnishing, cut into sections
- 2 tbsp ginger, shredded
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- For the Seasonings:
- 1½ light soya sauce
- 1½ dark soya sauce
- 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- For Garnishing:
- some spring onions
- some wolfberries
- 400ml water
- Make a few slits on both sides of the fish.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan and pan fried the fish on both sides until lightly browned.
- Add in the spring onion and shredded ginger.
- Add in the water and all the rest of the seasonings ingredients.
- Allow the fish to be braised on medium high heat, turning it over occasionally to allow the sauce to be coated evenly.
- When the sauce is very much reduced and thickened, off the flame.
- Garnish with spring onion and wolfberries and serve immediately.