Simple as it may seem, but each one of these dainty pieces amazingly contains fish, poultry, seafood, mushrooms and vegetable ! It’s quite an all-in-one dish. And all it takes is to mix, marinate, steam and serve !
I would think this is quite a dim sum delight although it can be served as a main dish by itself. The presentation of the prawn in this manner looks very pleasing too. And because it is that simple to beef up, it can pose as one of the delightful dish during a party or gathering.
The marination is just right, without it being too salty too. In fact, I pretty much enjoyed the stuffed mushroom just by itself, even without the sauce. The sauce is pretty optional and it just gives an extra kick to those who are desiring for a stronger and saltier taste bud.
Get all the fresh ingredients you need from PurelyFresh online to prepare this noob proof yet awesomely flavourful dish today !
- 120g fish paste
- 150g minced meat
- 14-15 pcs Chinese mushrooms, soaked overnight in water till soft
- 14-15 pcs of fresh prawns, de-shelled but leaving the tail intact
- 1 tbsp spring onion, chopped + more for garnishing
- ½ tsp light soya sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp corn flour
- ½ tsp onion powder
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetarian mushroom sauce / oyster sauce
- 100ml water
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
- Mix the fish paste and minced meat together with the chopped spring onions and marinate ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Grab and throw the mixture several times in the mixing bowl using your hands. Set aside in the fridge for around 1 hour.
- Drain the softened mushrooms and squeeze out as much of the excess water as possible. Place them on a steaming plate. Roll the minced mixture from Step 1 into balls and place them on top of the mushroom. Make a dent or hole in the middle of the meatballs and stuff a prawn into it with the tail hanging outside.
- Steam the stuffed mushrooms on medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by adding all the ingredients into a pan and cooked over medium heat until it boils. Add in the sauce thickening, increase to high heat and allows the mixture to thicken before removing it from flame.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked stuffed mushrooms from Step 3. Garnish with more chopped spring onions and serve hot.