Now you know that you can never go wrong with anything cheese and scallops, isn’t it ? Adding a dash of salt with a dollop of chilli flakes and you are all good to go !! If you realise the scallops sold nowadays do not necessary come with the shells, but you would need the shells to contain the cheese so that it can go right into the oven to be baked together instead of the cheese getting all messed up on the parchment paper.
I gotten my scallops with shells at the market sometime ago and I clean them well before storing in the fridge for the next use and so forth. In fact, I recycled these shells a couple of times already and they are still going strong. The best part is, they are pretty oven proof and wherever the cheese melts, it goes right onto the shell and you can easily use a small spoon to scrape them all up !!
And seeing that the shells are pretty big and my scallops are mini in comparison, I decide to give them a boast by including some fresh de-shelled prawns as well ! It’s simply as good as they can get !! The spicy twinge with the melted cheese onto the grilled seafood ~ nothing can beat that literally !! ^-^
- 8 pcs fresh scallops
- 8 pcs fresh prawns (de-shelled)
- 70g grated cheese
- spme salt
- some chilli flakes
- some shredded coriander
- Wash and pat the scallops and prawns with paper towels till very dry.
- Place the scallops and prawns (if using) in the middle of the scallop shells on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle dash of salt onto the seafood sparingly.
- Add the grated cheese all over the seafood and topped with chilli flakes and shredded coriander.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes before switching to grill mode and bake for another 3 minutes till golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Thanks for such a detailed recipe with images. Shall try it out one day!
No problem !! Hope you will enjoy the dish too !! :)