I didn’t really know what’s a Goulash prior to this, but I happen to see someone posting it and I thought it looks real delish !! So I did a google, and although it is generally defined as a stew, but it actually isn’t. Or should I say I devise it in such a way that it became a fusion instead of a stew. And commonly paired with beef, I adopted a different approach and used fresh seafood instead. Also, I cooked a seafood broth that’s similar to our Prawn noodles and topped it with lotsa cheese as well. And to further make it more fusion, instead of pasta, I incorporated it with our Chinese macaroni !!
Now I really really love this dish to bits !! It was so appetising that I actually managed to finish up the entire recipe serving all to myself. It’s pretty simple to whip up as well and because fresh seafood are used in replacement of poultry, you can actually skip the step of marination too. The only regret is, I should have just included more cheese for that matter of fact. As what my colleague always say, you can never resist anything with cheese !! Well, I have to admit, this is a very true indeed especially for this particular dish now !!
This dish is just too addictive that I am actually thinking about the taste of it all over again. A delightful home-cooked seafood broth infused with fresh prawns, squids and scallops blended in a good mix of tomato paste, mixed herbs, seasoning, with extra macaroni, cheddar and mozzarella cheese and finished it off in the oven. A piping hot and awesomely delightful Seafood Goulash is out to serve !!
Enjoy your piping hot meal on this chilled and cooling mid week !! And be sure to grab your everyday fresh groceries and cooking needs from PurelyFresh today !
- 10 large prawns, de-shelled, leaving the tail intact only
- 7 pcs fresh scallops
- 1 squid, scored and cut into pieces
- 170g tomato paste
- 80g macaroni
- 400ml water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ tomato, diced
- 3 whole garlics, crushed
- 2 pcs cheddar cheese, tear into pieces
- 3 tbsp (or more if desired) shredded mozzarella cheese
- some shredded coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 3 bay leaves
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan and add the crushed garlics. Saute till the garlics turn slightly brown.
- Add in the prawn shells and stir fried slightly till they turn all reddish in colour.
- Add in the water.
- Cover the pan and allow the broth to simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Drain away the prawn shells and garlics, reserving the broth.
- Add in the sliced onions and diced tomatoes followed by the seasoning such as salt, sugar, black pepper, mixed herbs and bay leaves.
- Add in the macaroni.
- Stir to mix the macaroni well.
- Cover the pan again and cook for a further 20 minutes or till the macaroni has softened.
- Add in all the seafood.
- When the seafood are cooked, add in the cheddar cheese.
- When all the cheddar cheese has melted, off the heat and transfer the mixture to a baking dish. Topped with shredded mozzarella cheese and coriander and bake in the oven for 180 degrees for 10 minutes till all the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.