So what happen when you bought one tin of Nestum cereals to cook these Cereal Butter Prawns, use some of them and what’s going to happen to all the leftover cereals ? Well, since eating cereals oats by itself aren’t exactly my favorite to begin with, so I had them churn into these Nestum Boxing Drumlets !
An idea to utilize the leftover cereals and a great dish to begin with ! And these boxing drumlets look so dainty that I even wondered if it will taste good after cooking. But they are amazingly very delicious ! And much to my surprise, it wasn’t abit oily despite the deep frying.
The marinade seeped well into the chicken drumlets and the juices were well retained. The chicken did not dried out and the extra coating of cereals made them very irresistibly crunchy and succulent.
And best of all, if you had them presented like what I did, it will certainly be a hit with the guests as they would not even need to dirty their hands like how we normally would to enjoy a fried chicken. So now it’s no longer fingers licking good, it’s tongues licking good !! Hehehe ! But does the chicken look like they are really injured from the “boxing” and has to be “bandaged” with the foil at the feet ? LOL !!!
Now I can never resist a good fried chicken anytime. It’s like an old school favorite kind of appetizer. The marinade must be right and it has to have enough time to rest so that the marination gets right through to the chicken bones. I enjoyed playing around with my spices and sauces to create my own marination. So very often than not, I mix and match a variety of them to create a unique flavor. And in this instant, the marinade for these boxing drumlets never failed to please either !
So start playing around with your spices and flavors too to create that unique marination that you are looking for ! Grab your fresh chicken parts or other cooking ingredients from PurelyFresh online anytime to prepare this dish !!
- 8 pcs chicken drumlets
- some nestum cereals
- some cooking oil
- some think strips of aluminum foil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp worchester sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 egg
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Cut away the joints at the bottom of the drumlets and push the meat upwards till it resembles like a fist.
- Marinade the chicken drumlets with all the ingredients and leave it overnight in the fridge.
- Heat up some cooking oil. Lower a chopstick into the hot oil and when bubbles start to sizzle around it, the oil is ready. Coat the chicken generously with the nestum cereals and lower them into the hot oil. Deep fried till cooked and when the nestum cereals turn golden brown in color.
- Drain on paper towels. Wrap the bottom end of the drumlets with the aluminum strips and serve.