A humble dish is always a family’s favorite. At least to me… how about you ? A simple serving of beansprouts with tofu is deliciously good for any family meals. At times, when you need to cut back on your diet and to cut down on all the poultry, this simple fare is a deliciously good one for an option.
I forsake the salted fish this time as a healthier alternative, but if you do have some, feel free to add a bit for that extra taste. In fact, I used to not fancy eating beansprouts as a dish by itself because of the “raw” taste that it had, but when I started on this dish, I was more than delighted to accept it wholeheartedly.
If you need fresh vegetables and ingredients for your cooking needs anytime, feel free to jump onto the bandwagon for everything online at PurelyFresh ! Yes, you heard it right, all kinds of fresh groceries are available online now to fuse your cooking glory anytime !!
- 1 pc egg tofu, cut into small pieces
- 100g bean sprouts
- 2 stalks of scallion, sectioned
- some cooking oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp chicken powder
- Remove the roots of the bean sprouts and rinse it over running water. Drained and set aside.
- Heat up some cooking oil and fried the tofu until golden brown. Remove and drain well.
- Reserve one tbsp of oil in the wok and add the minced garlic and stir fried until aromatic.
- add in the scallion and bean sprouts and stir fried briefly.
- Add in the tofu from the previous step and give it another few brisk and light stirs (do not stir too hard, otherwise the tofu will break up).
- Add the soy sauce and chicken powder. Mix well and serve.