The indian stall that’s near my house is selling PLAIN maggi goreng at $4 and the person was still asking me if I wanna add chicken pieces, which will cost $6 and if I need to have prawns to go along, it will be $7.50 !!! And it was just a coffeeshop lor!! I seriously didn’t know maggi mee can be so expensive to that extent nowdays !! This is even more expensive that those fried noodles or hor fun at zhi char stalls… which would otherwise include some form of seafood or meat even with $4. Grrrrrrrr…..
Scary max. To save that, I decided to cook my own maggi goreng instead, with seafood, meats, eggs and everything.
I bet this costs $10 now. Hahahaha !!
Everyone should have some form of instant noodles at home and instead of cooking it the usual way, you can always use a pack of it and stir fried the goreng style with some tomato sauce. Especially when you are craving for some midnight indulgence or fast cooked food in the middle of the night, this is good yeah. And further made so if the usual instant noodles have started to bore you… and you needed a quick fix…
And the cost ? Just a fraction of the 24 hours indian stall !! Gosh, I realized I still couldn’t get over the expensive maggi goreng !! But I supposedly mine should be better than theirs anytime !! Hahaha !!
To further enhance my maggi goreng, I even had an egg omelette to go along with it. Hahaha!!
Oh yeah, do not attempt to cook the noodles too early before stir frying, otherwise they will harden and lump together. In such an instant, they will break into pieces during stir frying. To prevent such a situation, the best is try to cook the noodles concurrently after you have stir fried the garlic to a near fragrance stage on another wok. And try not to overcook the noodles till soggy (unless you prefer soggy stir fried noodles), cooking it till slightly before it is fully cooked is preferable. So much knowledge for an instant meal yeah.. hahahha !! As you can see from mine, they are abit soggy too… so that’s what I garnered from this dish and sharing my thoughts. :)
Stir Fried Maggi Goreng
For the Ingredients
- 1 pack of instant noodles
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 to mato
- some prawns
- some sliced pork/chicken
- some squids
- some cabbage
- 1 pc onion sliced
- 1 pc lime optional
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp oil
For the seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup wedged
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fried the egg into omelette style and cut it into stripes.
- Heat up the oil on medium-high heat and fried the garlic and onion until fragrant. Add the cabbage and cooked until soft. Add the seafood and meat and stir fried until near cooked. If there's space in the wok, try and push them to one side. Concurrently, cook the instant noodles in another pot. Remove and drained the noodles just before they are fully cooked.
- Add the noodles to the stir fried wok and add the seasonings. Stir fried it together with the seafood and meat for a few more minutes.Add the tomato wedges and stir fried for another 10 seconds.
- Dish and serve with the egg omelette and lime.