This is a personal recipe which I liked alot, something which I have been experimenting for a couple of times. I always love meatballs as they are, but the ones that are sold outside are often too lacking in texture or simply too bland for my liking. And because meatballs are so versatile in their usage, you can prepare a huge chunk of them, freeze them in small portions and use them whenever you need.
Whether they are deep fried as a side bite, cooking them with your instant noodles, serving it with your favorite paste, or even pounding them into meat patties for your burgers, they serve to work in every way. It’s something that can practically goes along with any other of dishes. Hence, that’s no stopping me back from trying to explore a home-style that best suits my taste buds.
And here’s what I did with the 3-styles meatballs…
I deep fried them till golden brown in bite size… try serving them in little picks like what I have done. They are sure to delight the kids.
And I cook them with my fish soup as well….and of course, if you need a quick fix, instant noodles can also leh !
And pan-frying them like meat patties…. Hahaha.. actually I was trying to imitate them like the thai-styled fish cakes…
So which of the above do you prefer ?
Well, as you can see, I have the most pictures for the deep fried version, so that’s my best preferred so far.
Home-Style Meat Balls in 3 Ways
- 170 g fish paste
- 240 g minced pork/chicken
- 15-16 pieces of water chestnuts diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 3-4 stalks of coriander chopped
- 2 tsps of light soy sauce
- 2 tsps of huadiao wine
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 tsp of corn flour
- Cooking oil for deep frying or Olive oil for pan frying
- Mix the fish paste, minced meat together with all the seasonings and marinade for at least one hour.
- Beat the mixture by hand thoroughly till they becomes very sticky.
- Mould into little balls/patty size and deep fried/cook them in soup/pan fried them as desired.