In the extremely hot weather these days, I am always craving for something light such as a plain congee. Hence, I have been cooking simple side dishes that could blend well with congee and isn’t too heavy as well. Of course, you might say the simplest is to have canned food with congee, but canned food usually comes with alot of preservatives and high salt content. Therefore, I decided to rejuvenate the minced spice pork can food that we often had with congee into something home-cooked instead.
And all it takes to whip up this simple dish is less than 20 minutes and so much healthier than canned food. So why even bother to take time to use a can opener to open the can ?
Here’s a really quick one to share today ! Happy TGIF !!
Stir Fried Mushrooms with Minced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms/hon shimeiji mushrooms
- 80 g minced pork/chicken
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp water
- dash of sesame oil
- Rinse and dry shittake mushrooms and cut them into slices.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a wok, add chopped garlic and stir fried till fragrant.
- Add minced meat and stir fry till the oil from the meat seeps out. Stir in the mushrooms and fry till slightly brown in color.
- Add soy sauce, sugar and black pepper and stir fried till the mushrooms are soft.
- Add water and dash of sesame oil and simmer until it turns fairly dry.
- Add more black pepper as desired and serve hot with parsley or basil leaves as desired.