Top 10 reasons why we need a 4/3 (4 workdays, 3 weekends) work week.
1) Monday blues. Too much merry making over the too-short weekends is leaving us with terrible hangovers which we need more than a day to recuperate.
2) The luxury of waking up in the late mornings over the weekend spills over to the draggy Monday.
3) Waking up late, thereby missing out on breakfast on Monday mornings leads to memory blockages and poor concentration which can be detrimental to work.
4) The need to reflect on impulse purchases made during the weekend shopping frenzy.
5) Overly indulgence in good food over the weekend leads us to indigestion and stomach problems which needs to be rectified.
6) Pork not served on Monday, thereby missing out on some food stalls and the spillover that causes long queues is a cause for headache during lunch break.
7) Something for the parents ~ The need to drag the kiddos out from bed on the first day of the schooling week is a pain, resulting in themselves late for work.
8) For the politically correct reason – work-life not balanced. 5 work days VS 2 rest days. An oblivious imbalance ratio which need to be fine tuned.
9) SIMPLY I need one more day of rest !
10) ALL OF THE REASONS AS ABOVE !
As you can see, I drafted this on a Monday for sure. Thereby all the reasons I justify for myself !
Also, just to share my one of my lazy breakfast indulgence. Well, nothing special to be exact. Everything can be piled together within minutes. Time saving is the keyword here. Usually working adults like us do not have the luxury of enjoying long brekkies yeah.
So here’s something that I came up with, using whatever I can find in the fridge !
Prata Wrap with Cheesey Hotdogs, Pork Floss & Chilli Mayo
And it’s simple to carry around too, so if you are caught up for time, just drop into some carrier and you can grab a bite while you are on the go too.
Looks kind of messy. But when you are always caught in the early morning madness like me, that’s the best I can do… ^-^
And it’s such a no-brainer that you don’t need a recipe for it. Pan fried some ready-made prata wraps and roll it up with whatever you desired. Of course, for a healthier diet, grab some greens to go along. I reckon some fresh good lettuces shall do the trick nicely.
And oh, it’s Tuesday now ! Monday blues no more !!
Hola ! I am Joyce from Sunny Singapore ! This blog is a collection of homemade food and inspirational contents, run passionately by a solo individual where very single piece of content is crafted with much effort and dedication. Do enjoy ur stay here !
Cooked Taiwanese Style Braised Meat Pork Rice 卤肉 肉燥饭 today. Used the 小卤包 which I bought from Taiwan previously and used a mixture of diced pork collar, pork belly, minced meat and mushrooms to craft this dish. It tastes awesome ! ☺️ Ingredients:
1 slice of pork belly
2 slices of pork collar
100g minced meat
4 pc shitake mushroom, diced
Few stalks of spring onions
2 tsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of minced ginger
Some hard boiled eggs
1 bag/pack braised meat seasoning
500ml water Seasoning:
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp sweet soya sauce
2 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp rock sugar
Few pinches of pepper
Some cooking oil Method:
1) Grill the pork collar and belly till done and cut them into small pieces. 2) Reserve 2 tbsp cooking oil in pot and stir fry minced garlic, ginger, spring onions and mushrooms. Add in 2 tbsp water if it gets too dry. 3) Add in minced meat and stir fry till done before adding the rest of the meat. 4) Add seasoning and stir fry to mix well before adding water and the braised meat bag/pack. 5) Cook till the sauce boils and reduce to low simmer. Add in the eggs. 6) Simmer further for another 45mins - 1hour with the pot covered. Remove the braised meat bag and spring onion. Serve hot with rice to enjoy !
🍊🧧🍊Celebrating Happy人日 in advance with this auspicious CNY Reunion Takeaway Set from @souprestaurantsingapore ! Because 龙年怎么能少得了。。。🐉🦐 龙虾 🦞. 🦐All the dishes were awesome and in particular the Lobster. #真的吃到好饱好饱 🤭 🍲Available exclusively online for deliveries and self pick up, #SoupRestaurantSG CNY Reunion Takeaway Set ($428, U.P. $502.70) is good for 5 pax and comprises of following #comfortfood : 🧧<NEW>Lobster Abalone Abundance Pot 龙虾鲍鱼聚宝盆
🧧Baby Abalone Yu Sheng 鲍鱼七彩鱼生
🧧Samsui Ginger Chicken 三水姜蓉鸡
🧧Steamed Rice with Chinese Sausage and Snow Vegetables 雪菜鸳鸯腊味饭 ⭐️ Enjoy FREE delivery with every order of the CNY Reunion Takeaway Set placed online via https://order.souprestaurant.com.sg
#madewithpassionsg 👨🍳And if prefer to #supportlocal and enjoy their classic dishes in the restaurants ~ Simply make a reservation at https://www.souprestaurant.com.sg/reservation
Instead of the usual 炒米粉 for 初一, cooked Stir Fry Mee Tai Bak (silver needle noodles) with cabbage, carrots and mushrooms served with leftover meatballs from reunion instead. 🤤 Recipe 食谱 :
1 pack of Mee Tai Bak noodles 400-420g
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
Few slices of carrots, sliced
1/2 small cabbage, sliced
5 fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp cooking oil Seasoning:
2 tbsp light soya sauce
3/4 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp sweet soya sauce (Abc sauce)
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
Pinch of pepper and salt Method:
1. Heat up cooking oil and stir fry garlics, gingers and mushrooms together. 2. Once mushrooms soften, add in cabbage and carrots and stir fry till cabbage turns soft. 3. Add in mee tai bak noodles and rest of the seasoning. Stir fry on high heat quickly till all the noodles are evenly coloured with the sauce. 4. Add in beansprouts and stir fry to mix well. Off heat and serve hot immediately to enjoy!
Cooked delicious Wonton Noodles Soup using the Shrimp Wonton from @cpfoodssg . On the side are also Air-Fried Shrimp Wontons that are crispy on the outside and juicy within, perfect as an appetiser. For this Lunar New Year, check out these popular and convenient ready-to-eat favourites from #cpfoods with on-going promotions for the festive. 🥢CP Honey Wing Sticks (New & Exclusive only at FairPrice) special offer $15.70 (U.P.$17.96)
🥢CP Fried Shrimp Wonton $4.59
🥢CP Shrimp Wonton with Sesame Sauce $6.62
🥢CP Jumbo Wonton $10.08
🥢CP Shrimp Wonton $6.62
🥢CP Signature Hot & Crisp Chicken Ribs $7.64
🥢CP Chicken Gyoza $6.62
🥢CP Pork and Chicken Gyoza with Chive $6.62 Other than CP Honey Wing Sticks, all #cpfoodssg offerings are available at all major supermarkets and online retailers.
🙆♀️These timeless classics from @bakersbrewstudio are worth every penny and calorie. Can’t really decide which is my best favourite because all 3 of these are just sooo good. No wonder they come together as the “Signature Collection”. 🎁What’s more, the cookies are housed in these lovely looking old-school mini tins which makes them even more desirable. Highlights include: 🥥Best Seller ~ Ondeh Ondeh Cookies that boasts a pandan-infused dough generously filled with the traditional gula melaka coconut fillings. Fragrant and simply irresistible. 🥜Peanut Almond Cookies ~ Packs of luscious nuttiness from the peanuts and almonds. Crisp and crumbly nutty cookies that’s really aromatic and flavourful. 🍍Pineapple Bak Kwa Cookies ~ The savoury bak kwa complements the tangy-fruity pineapple filling, introducing a smoky oomph that adds a unique and delightful twist. 🧧Satisfy all your gifting needs with Baker’s Brew Lunar New Year collection, including the :
💝Signature Collection ($88 for set of 3 tins),
💝Heritage Collection ($88 for set of 3 tins) and
💝Oriental 春 Collection ($29.80 per tin, $138 for set of 5 tins).
🌟Alternatively, customise your own selection with three tins or more and enjoy up to 10% off. 🛒Available till 9 February 2024 at Baker’s Brew physical stores and https://www.bakersbrew.com/
Cooked a quickie Luncheon Egg Fried Rice today using @goldenbridgefoodsofficial new Pork Ham Luncheon Meat that’s filled with chunks of real pork ham meat. Currently going at a promo price of 2 for $8.80, 340g (usual price $5.95 each). 🧧This Chinese New Year, #goldenbridgefoods serve to bring flavours of prosperity and auspiciousness with a series of newly launched quick-cook items that will made hosting a sumptuous Chinese New Year gathering easier and fuss-free. Other newly launched items include: 🦀Viya Frozen Crab Rolls ($16.50, 250g)
Great by deep-fried, air-fried or baked, these Halal crab rolls add delicious flavours to the CNY reunion meal with zero efforts. 🍲Golden Bridge Nanri Abalone in Brine ($18.40, 160g drained - u.p. $25.90)
These gold ingots of the sea can triple up as gifting ideas, hotpot feasting and even a sumptuous one-pot meal without burning a hole in the pocket. 🥢Golden Bridge Chicken Red Wine Pre-Sliced Waxed Sausage ($2.95)
Pre-sliced for convenience, these sausages have no nitrites and are great for stir-frying with rice, noodles or simply enjoyed as an appetiser. 🛒These new items can be purchased from https://otsi.sg/ or retailer stores such as NTUC FairPrice, Sheng Siong, Prime supermarket stores and HaiDiLao restaurants.
Made Kueh Bangkit because of cravings ! #想吃什么自己做 I like my own Kueh Bangkit as they are not too soft or hard and has a good fragrance. Can make a huge batch of these with just a fraction of the cost sold outside. ☺️ Recipe from the blog : https://eatwhattonight.com/2016/01/kuih-bangkit/
Prelude to CNY Cooking. Made a mini version of a Superior Abalone Pot 鲍鱼一品锅 using Braised Abalone from @fortunerecipes @hosensingapore over the weekend. Lined the base of the pot with lots of long cabbage in a soup base that’s seasoned with the Abalone Brine and topped with other ingredients such as Roast Pork, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Shrimps and Scallops. Fortune brand Abalone and products are available for purchase in major supermarkets, as well as Shopee, Lazada & Qoo10 at special discounts for CNY currently. Get a FREE Fortune Yusheng Plate with minimum $38 spend in selected supermarkets ! *Fully redeemed on Redmart and Shopee Supermarket. Also do mark down ur calendar for their Annual CNY Warehouse Sale that will begin from tomorrow 17 Jan - 7 Feb 2024, 9am to 6pm daily at 267 Pandan Loop Singapore 128439 !