The weather been hot recently, isn’t it. Baking is not so fun when weather is sooo hot, you tend to get all sweaty and tiring during the session that very often, you just want to get it over and done with and will tend to miss out certain steps. Yes, it happens to me all the time ! I hattteee HOT weather. Today was hot as usual, but I knew I have to bake something, to make up for the lack of bakes for the past two weeks. So in one shot, I made an oreo banana cheesecake and many buns ! Somehow I feel that bread will be good if bread flour and yeast are fresh, so I continued on the buns today to avoid keeping the bread flour for too long, like in my previous attempt.
To start off, here’s the oreo banana cheesecake…
As you can see, not only the base crust is made of oreo, even the filling is full of oreo bits. Baked cream cheese, oreo bits, bananas ~ all-in-one ~ what more can you ask for ?…. (:
Does the picture looks like it’s a non-baked cheesecake ? Haahaa. There’s because I was taking these pictures barely 2 hours after being baked and chilled and while the sun was up, I was snapping these shots away near the window. So the cheesecake hasn’t fully set yet.
I find that mini-buns are “easier to swallow”. As we all know, bread can be very filling if eaten too much on its own. With mini-buns around, we just need to pop away a minimum quantity without wastage. The balance can also be shared by others without looking unsightly as compared to a half-eaten bun.
The buns are soft and fluffy….thumbs up again for Alex Goh’s bread recipe !
I had the balance dough made into some sausage cheese buns as well ~
Can you see this is obviously an amateur’s piece of work ? Haahaa ! It’s my first time using this method to shape the buns ! It looks awful, isn’t it ? The knots are too thick and the buns are slightly overburnt because I was busy with the cheesecake while baking this and totally forgotten to monitor the baking !Nevertheless, I will be submitting this as well to Aspiring Bakers #6: Say Cheese! (April 2011) hosted by Jean from Noms I Must.
Here’s a whole lot of buns baked in a day, and with one cheesecake as well ! Gosh, how to finish ?!?!
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh’s [Magic Bread] with modifications.
Sweet Bread Dough
100g bread flour
70g boiling water
300g bread flour
100g plain flour
20g milk powder
9g instant yeast
175g cold water
60g cold eggs
1. Add the boiling water from A into flour, mix until well blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well-blended. Add in C and knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well-blended.
3. Add in D and knead to form elastic dough.
4. Let it proof for 40 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into required weight and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 minutes and ready to use.
Filling Adequate azuki bean paste Chicken frank hotdogs Cheese slices
6. Further divide the dough into individual size at own’s desire and and wrap in filling.
7. Proof further for 50 minutes.
8. Bake into pre-heated oven at 190 degrees C for 12-15 minutes.