Had been resting for more than a week already ! To get my baking momentum back, I decided to bake something relatively simple and fast because night is almost falling ! Ok.. I have a strange habit ~ If given a choice, I will avoid baking on the night where I need to work the next day as I will usually sleep early if I gotta work the following day. Coz after baking, I will have alot of washing up to do and by the time I finish, it can be quite late. These are times where I wish I had a full-time maid !
However, after browing through many recipes, it’s either I am lacking in one kind of ingredients in either one or the other recipe. Finally I decided upon this, also to use up the excess lemons which has been sitting in the fridge for quite sometime already. Yet I do not have prunes on hand. Argh !!! Luckily, I just bought a pack of mixed fruits not long ago, so I substituted the prunes for that.
Initial taste might feel that the muffins are not sweet enough. But the mixed fruits that come thereafter will sweeten your taste bud.
Recipe adapted from [Easy Muffins and Cupcakes] by Kevin Chai
100g unsalted butter
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp grated lemon rind ( I used the rind of the entire lemon as I liked more citrus taste.)
80g chopped runes/mixed fruits
210g plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease muffin tin of line muffin tin with paper cup.
2. Melt the butter with sugar and salt over low heat. Remove, cool slightly, stir in beaten eggs, milk, lemon rind, lemon juice and mixed fruits/chopped prunes.
3. Sift flour and baking powder, fold into egg mixture. Mix until just combined.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
5. Remove tin from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins and cool on a rack.
i simply love the tops of the muffins they look so rustic!beautiful!
Thanks Jess! Hope you have an enjoyable CNY so far.