The upcoming week is gonna be a tense one at work and my initial plan was just to rot the weekend away without doing anything. Just empty my mind and brains to prepare for all that is coming. But I still need to eat still, and being lazy enough to not even wanting to get out of the house, I got some fresh groceries delivered from PurelyFresh and all was good enough for me to stir up some very delicious and simple Pineapple Fried Rice.
Furthermore, having the rice encased in a fresh pineapple, it makes the presentation all the more appetising ! It was a pretty brainless and delectable affair that is particularly suitable for anyone desiring for a tempting quick fix. Plus, with the fact that my mind is quite pre-occupied with the upcoming issues at work, I decided I have to make do with something that can be achieved without too much elaboration.
Ok, I shall stop short for now. Decide to go into zombie mode for now to embrace myself mentally for the jittery and busy week.
- 1 cup rice, preferably overnight rice
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp stock (either homecooked/chicken stock)
- 35g pineapple, diced
- 10 french beans, diced
- 2 chillies, diced
- 15og boneless chicken, diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 pcs cashew nuts
- some pork/chicken floss
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- ½ tbsp corn flour
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chicken powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- dash of pepper
- Optional : 1 pineapple Cut the pineapple into half from ⅓ of the pineapple and set aside the ⅔ side of it. Dig out the pineapple flesh from the middle of the ⅔ pineapple and diced into cubes for the pineapple fried rice.
- Marinade the chicken with the chicken marinade ingredients for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Heat up the cooking oil with the minced garlic and saute till fragrant and lightly brown.
- Add in the diced pineapples, french beans, chillies and cashew nuts and stir well to mix.
- Add in the marinated chicken and stir well till it is almost cooked.
- When it starts to get dry, add in the 2 tbsp stock and stir well to mix.
- Add in the rice and eggs. Stir the eggs well and coat them evenly over the rice.
- Add in all the seasonings and stir fried for another 1-2 minutes on high heat to mix well.
- Serve the rice in a fresh pineapple (optional) and garnish with some chicken/pork floss.