Did everyone has a great Mayday break ? Though it’s just a one day off thingy, but well, it has been a good break for me with a little shopping, a foot massage and clearing off some household chores. Talking about household chores, it has been quite awhile since I started doing them again. Arghhh…. all thanks to HER.
And hey hey hey, I finally got my Happy Call Jumbo Grill as a gift !! Happy Happy Happy Me !! But then again…I have no time for it yet ! Seriously hope it doesn’t turn into another white elephant in the kitchen.
Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes
~recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover with modifications~
*Makes about 9-10 cupcakes*
35g corn oil
60g thickened cream
70g plain flour 3 egg whites
25g sugar Filling :
60g dairy whipped cream
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
2. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
3. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
4. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue beat till soft peak form.
5. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about ¾ full.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins at middle rack.
7. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff (over a bowl of iced water). Pipe cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before consume.