But I realise not many people appreciate cheese too. Especially the old folks.
As the name implied, the cheese sits nicely on a layer of brownie which I have conveniently replaced the usual walnuts with macademias which made it extra nutty, fragrant and very delicious.
Last but not least, enjoy the bakes and do continue dreaming yeah… ^-^
Next few posts may not be interesting anymore due to the lack of bakes and no cooks. However, I do have some personal food reviews to share. So be warned !! But really do hope you will still keep coming back. ^-^
Brownie Marble Cheesecake
~recipe adapted from [Cheesecake with Kevin Chai] with modifications~
1 tsp vanilla essence
50g plain flour
50g macademia nuts (toasted, chopped)
Cheese Layer :
400g cream cheese
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch T
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp water
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
3. To make brownie, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in brown sugar until almost melt. Stir in eggs and vanilla essence, mix well.
4. Fold in sifted flour, chopped nuts and raisins. Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. To make cheese layer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in yogurt and cornstarch until blended. Reserve 1 tbsp cheese mixture for topping, the rest mixture pour over brownie.
7. To make topping, mix well cocoa powder with water. Add in 1 tbsp of reserved cheese mixture, stir until well blended. Drizzle over the surface of cheese mixture and draw marble pattern with skewer.
8. Continue bake in oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes or until light brown. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Chill in fridge.