For those love a good collagen soup stock like myself but lazy to spend 6 to 8 hours cooking it over the stove, here’s another option you can consider now. The Collagen Chicken Stock from The Soup Spoon which will be sold via Kuhlbarra platform from November 2019 is an almost identical alternative. The thick groovy jelly like texture is exactly what it looked liked after we had our own homecooked collagen stock chilled.
Conveniently packed in a 500g bag, you can literally use the entire portion for a 2 person servings at one go. Hence saving you the hassle of freezing the balance. And with this rich and luscious collagen stock, I used it to prepare a very yummy-licious Claypot Noodles with succulent barramundi fish slices from Kuhlbara too !
And because the collagen stock is by itself already so rich and thick, the thickening of the soup gravy in the Claypot Noodles at the end of the cooking can also be eliminated ! It’s an easy packed recipe with little effort but taste as good as it looks.
I used yee mee noodles for this time which works really well because the flavor blends on pretty nicely with the gravy. With the rest of the ingredients liked mushrooms, carrots, green vegetables and barramundi fish as ingredients, this claypot dish makes an ideal and balance one pot meal fit for everyone.
Other than the usual soups and porridge, hope this recipe can also give you inspiration and further insight on how to utilize this very versatile collagen chicken stock from The Soup Spoon.
Claypot Noodles with Barramundi Fish Slices 沙锅鱼片伊面Course: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 bunch of yee mee noodles
3 pcs dried mushrooms (soaked in water till soft, retain the mushroom water)
100g barramundi fish slices
One bumch of shanghai green vegetables
3 pcs of thinly sliced carrots
1 tsp minced garlic
250g collagen chicken stock
50g mushroom water
1 tbsp cooking oil
- For the Seasoning :
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tsp huatiao wine
Pinch of pepper
- Add oil into claypot and saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add water, mushroom water and chicken stock into claypot.
- Add oyster sauce, light soya sauce and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Followed by the sliced carrots.
- When it starts boiling, add the noodles.
- When the noodles softened, add in green vegetables, followed by the barramundi fish slices on top.
- Cover the claypot and allow it to simmer on low heat till fish slices are cooked.
- Crack an egg into the noodles.
- Finish off with shaoxing wine. Allow it to simmer briefly and off the flame.
- Serve hot immediately and enjoy !
- Because the collagen stock is by itself very rich and thick already, hence no thickening solution is necessary for the noodles soup gravy.