Happy National Day !! It’s the country’s birthday today, so let’s have something that’s soooo local and representative of Singapore ! And here’s the Singapore Laksa ! As a matter of fact, the taste of our local laksa is so unique and representative that you probably won’t be able to find it in any other countries of the world that resembles the exact same.
And PrimaTaste, being a local homegrown brand had come out with a convenient ready-to-cook meal kit that makes cooking of this local dish such a no brainer and yet being able to replicate the exact same taste of this local dish.
So for Singaporeans who are residing overseas and missing a taste of the homegrown food, you should just sweep several packs of these meal kits from the shelves and you would be able to get that local feel and taste of Singapore food conveniently and instantly, no matter which part of the world you are in.
There are several readers who told me that PrimaTaste Laksa is by far, the most authentic and representative of the Singapore laksa taste, out of the many brands in the market. That goes to show the popularity of this homegrown brand and how far they have achieved in garnering the hearts of the laksa lovers.
And having tried it myself too, I must undoubtedly say this is indeed quite true to the real taste of it. Even the coconut milk which is in powder form has been pre-packed in the meal kit, hence that makes everything so much simpler. All you gotta do is to blanch the noodles and whatever ingredients you wanna add, and put all into one for serving.
So come this National Day, be sure to whip up something soooo local that’s representative of the Singapore taste in celebration of the nation’s birthday ! Other than Laksa, PrimaTaste also carries other local mouth-watering favourites such as the Hainanese Chicken Rice (my other favourite) and the local chicken curry !
Let’s all celebrate the nation’s cheer with a piping hot bowl of Singapore Laksa today !
- 600ml water
- 1 pack Laksa Premix (comes together with PrimaTaste Laksa meal kit)
- 1 pack Laksa Paste (comes together with PrimaTaste Laksa meal kit)
- 2-3 servings of Thick vermicelli (laksa noodles)
- Some prawns
- Some fish cakes, sliced
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs
- Sambal chilli ((comes together with PrimaTaste Laksa meal kit))
- Fried bean curd / Cockles / Beansprouts
- In a pot, stir laksa premix with the water. Add laksa paste and mix well. Bring to boil on high heat without covering the pot.
- Blanch thick vermicelli in another pot. Depending on quantity, blanch till softened and drained. Add noodles to serving bowl.
- Blanch other ingredients such as prawns and fish cakes. Cook some hard boiled eggs too.
- Pour laksa gravy from Step 1 onto noodles. Top with the prawns, fishcakes and eggs and sambal chilli that comes with the meal kit ! Enjoy !