I was contemplating on a trip to HK recently, yes you heard it right, HK again ! LOL. And so coincidentally when I spotted these HK noodles going on sale at NTUC, it somehow seems to be calling out to me.
So over the weekend, I decided to stir fried these noodles with XO sauce. If I am not wrong, XO sauce seems to originate from HK too, so that makes it all the more complementary for these noodles all together.
There isn’t many variations of local stir fried noodles, and so this is indeed one of my favourite kind of noodles. Whenever we dine at Crystal Jade or Canton Paradise, this is liked one of the must-order dish without fail.
Amazingly, it is not that difficult to beef up. I love the qq and tender texture of the noodles after stir fried and a good oyster and XO sauce provides for that savouriness of the dish. I added some sliced pork for the extra meaty stuff and compiled with some greens to balance up the dish. Oh yes, beansprouts is a must must for this dish. The crunchiness of the sprouts will blend well with the noodles and the dish taste absolutely delicious when they are eaten together.
So here’s to sharing this fuss free and really economical noodles which costs only a small fraction of the price as compared to enjoying this dish at a restaurant yet sharing the same taste !! LOL.
- 125g hong kong noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 150g slice pork or chicken
- 1 tbsp XO sauce
- Some beansprouts
- Some green vegetables of your choice
- Some fried shallots (for serving)
- ¼ tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- ½ tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2-3 tbsp water/stock
- Blanch the noodles in boiling water till softened. Drain noodles and rinse briefly with cold water. Mix the noodles with the noodles sauce. Set aside
- Heat up oil in a pan. Stir fried minced garlic, ginger and onion. Add some water and cook till onions softended.
- Add the meat and stir fried till ¾ cooked. Remove the meat and set aside.
- Add the noodles with the sauce into the pan. Stir fried using chopsticks only. Adjust with some stock/water if it becomes hard to stir.
- Add in the meat from Step 3 and green vegetables.
- Stir fried till green vegetables withered and meat cooked. Add in XO sauce and beansprouts. Mix well
- Off the flame and serve hot with fried shallots. Enjoy !