I think I’ve been neglecting the blog quite a bit, because you would have seen me more active around in IG instead. LOL. Well, it’s because IG is much more convenient where I can do any posting as and when I wanted. However, when it comes to blogging, I would need to specifically power on my laptop at home which very often I would be dead beat after work to wanna even face any computer screen especially a long day at work doing the same already ! So you probably can guess, my day job is nothing more than an ultimate desk bound job.
Well, nothing excites me more than my passion for now. And been quite on the go recently in cooking more often, I started to realise there are 3 things which I really desired and often seeking. Desserts, am a forever sweet tooth, at all times. Toasties, especially savoury ones, with any cheesey stuffs. And lastly, one pot or one plate kind of meals. Because am really lazy in washing up, especially when I have no helper !!
So to elaborate on the last mentioned, I cooked up a Braised E-fu Noodles with Mushrooms recently. It’s a wholesomely vegetarian dish, making it a good fit for everyone in the household. Though I am not a vegetarian, but I do enjoy vegetarian dishes especially the “zhai bee hoon” which I do eat it every now and then.
So here’s a simple step by step illustration for the recipe, hoping everyone will enjoy it !! It’s yummylicious by the way !
- 2 pcs chinese e-fu noodles
- 4 pcs of dry shitake mushrooms(soaked overnight, sliced and reserve the mushroom water)
- 3-4 stalks of spring onion, cut into sections
- ½ tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¾ tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp mushroom water
- Bring a pot of water to boil and put in a piece of noodles. Stir w chopsticks until loosen and drain immediately.
- Rinse w cold water. Do the same for the other piece separately.
- Stir fry the minced ginger, mushrooms and white parts of spring onion until tender.
- Add the noodles and sauce.
- Stir fry till sauce is all absorbed .
- Add the green parts of the spring onion, stir to mix well and off the flame.
- Serve hot and tuck in !!