Hola ! I am back from HK ! LOL. Well, time whizz past whenever we are on holidays, isn’t it?Although it’s more than an adequate length of stay for a 5 days 4 nights trip to HK, but it seems never ever enough for a holiday though. My physical state is back but my mind and soul are left in HK though. Haha !!
But it was a pretty tiring trip as well due to the lengthy walking and the fact that the persistent cough seems determined to stay. :( Despite that, I couldn’t resist all the junk food.. erm, street foods I mean, in HK. Grilled, fried, deep fried foods all along the way, somehow dragged the recovery too. Nevertheless, the impromptu trip was still a good one, especially with the real comfortable weather and endless shopping.
The kitchen has not restarted yet as am still in the midst of settling stuffs and feeling all doggy from the medication. But here’s a SPAM and Egg Pancakes muffins that I’ve made sometime back. To be frank, I am seldom in the mood for savoury treats as compared to sweet ones. Just like I enjoyed a sweet pop corn as compared to a salted one or a sweet ice cream as compared to a salted one. The same goes for little cakes like such.
However, this is one exception which I am pretty keen on as it contains the all-time favourite SPAM, eggs and pancakes all encased in a muffin delicacy. Well deserved as an ideal breakfast treat, this SPAM and egg pancake muffins has a texture that of a pancake, shaped like a muffin and taste of a spam and egg stir fried. So you gonna reckon this makes a perfect Nom Nom Nom.. all the way. :)
Here’s to sharing the simplest of simplest breakfast recipe ! Enjoy !!
- 180ml milk
- 60g flour
- 2 eggs
- 100g SPAM luncheon meat, diced
- Dash of salt, to taste
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Some mayonnaise
- Some mint leaves, for garnishing
- Combine the eggs and milk in a bowl together with the salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Sift the flour over the eggs and milk mixture and mix well.
- Sift the batter once more to remove all the lumps of flour.
- Cut the luncheon meats into small cubes.
- Add the luncheon cubes to the batter.
- Grease a 6-hole muffin tray.
- Add the batter to the muffin tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C for approximately 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pipe some mayonnaise on top of the muffins and garnish with some mint leaves and serve hot.