The earlier posting on cooking with fermented black beans with golden tofu was quite a hit, so here’s me embarking on another one, this time with air fried chicken. This is a very convenient dish, especially if you are packing it for a lunch box meal like what I’ve done. Boneless chicken is used, hence making it a very versatile lunch box dish where you can polish up your meal easily, since that’s no bones.
There are certain food which might not make it suitable for including into your lunchbox because of the way the food has to be consumed. Hence, as much as possible, when I am thinking of ideas for a quick prep meal especially on a weekday night or lunch box affair, I tried to incorporate easy ideas for a fuss free cooking.
But I am getting quite tired of the usual style of kong po, black pepper or even spring onion dishes. Hence, for some versatility, I made this dish which I feel is pretty awesome for a change from my usual meals and fermented black beans, as I mentioned earlier makes everything all the better.
To give the dish a bit more cheer, I included 3 colours of bell peppers and even coarsely crushed the fermented black beans this time to bring out the flavour more. As far as I understand, most of what we saw that’s sold commercially cook fermented black beans as a whole by themselves so that the dish looks more presentable. However, I do realised that slightly crushing the beans coarsely makes the dish more fragrant and because they are finer in size already, they gets incorporated into the flavour of the dish better. Well, that’s my humble opinion and you are free to try and determine if we think the same !
So here’s to sharing this very versatile and yummy home-cooked which makes an awesome fuss free work day dish.
Grab some fresh boneless chicken leg from Purelyfresh online to cook up this deliciously easy dish today !
- 2 pcs boneless chicken leg, diced
- ¼ onion, diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- ½ yellow capsicum, diced
- ½ green capsicum, diced
- 2 tsp fermented black beans, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100ml water
- 2 tsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water (mix together)
- Marinade the chicken cubes with the marinade ingredients and set aside in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Air fried the chicken at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Set the air fried chicken cubes aside.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil and stir fried the garlic, crushed fermented black beans and diced onions until fragrant.
- Add in all the chicken cubes from Step 3 and diced capsicums. Stir to mix well.
- Add in all the seasonings ingredients and allow the mixture to simmer until it boils.
- Add in the thickening solution and allow the mixture to thicken until the sauce is fairly dry up.
- Dish and serve hot with rice.